PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Skyfire+hulu+TP=how is your quality?

Tried Hulu on Skyfire for the first time today after hearing about it so much. The video quality was not very good at all, the audio was fine and I would often get shuttering and slow FPS. I tried to tweak the hulu player to go to HiDef and then tried full screen and I coudl not get either of them to function, very buggy. Our you guys getting similiar resutls? What settings do you have? What zoom levels do you have, are you zooming to fill screen or do you watch the video through the website (small screen)?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:11 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Skyfire+hulu+TP=how is your quality?

i gavent tweeked anything to watch hulu and it works fine for me. got a good signal? what sjyfire version are you using?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
Tried Hulu on Skyfire for the first time today after hearing about it so much. The video quality was not very good at all, the audio was fine and I would often get shuttering and slow FPS. I tried to tweak the hulu player to go to HiDef and then tried full screen and I coudl not get either of them to function, very buggy. Our you guys getting similiar resutls? What settings do you have? What zoom levels do you have, are you zooming to fill screen or do you watch the video through the website (small screen)?
Similar here. Slow but consistent FPS. Keep in mind that Skyfire doesn't have VGA resolution, so it's not going to look as good as it does on your PC. Going hires on Hulu won't help and might make FPS slower (if it even works).

As to inconsistent FPS, that can happen on the cellular connection. I typically use WIFI when doing Hulu.

Sprint Touch Pro
MightyROM 4.16
Old 03-01-2009, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bujin is becoming a great contributor

I've been using SF and Hulu for quite awhile....the quality is quite good.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm not able to watch any videos from this site. All I get is an error message saying:

"Sorry, we are unable to stream this video. Please check your internet connection & try again."

Thing is I have it connected through my wifi at home. I even turned off the phone's radio altogether. I have Skyfire version 0.9.0.9151

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can watch videos ok, but I always get frames dropped and sometimes the audio is late by about a second.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:06 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I watch family guy all the time at hulu using skyfire. I can zoom in and make it full screen. I keep the keyboard out in an attempt to keep the phone as cool as possible as well.

There are dropped frames, but its not enough that it's unwatchable.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I watch family guy all the time at hulu using skyfire. I can zoom in and make it full screen. I keep the keyboard out in an attempt to keep the phone as cool as possible as well.

There are dropped frames, but its not enough that it's unwatchable.
That is exactly the same thing I do, sometimes I'll take the battery cover off as well. I'm a sales rep and when I have to wait at a dealer for the purchasing agent to be available, this is a life saver.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Do you zoom right in so its full screen? Or leave it zoomed out (half screen lets say), just wondering if this condenses the video and makes the resolution better etc. I will have to try it over wifi, i heard that it streams much better. I wonder how well this will stream once SF gets full vga support.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
Do you zoom right in so its full screen? Or leave it zoomed out (half screen lets say), just wondering if this condenses the video and makes the resolution better etc. I will have to try it over wifi, i heard that it streams much better. I wonder how well this will stream once SF gets full vga support.
Yeah, I zoom in so it's full screen, works well having the keyboard out, the resolution matches pretty well.

If you're playing with the zoom and stuff while it's playing, the sound will become desynced, just pause the video and pan and zoom it till it's perfect and start it back up.

I've noticed my phone hesitates globally when wifi is enabled, and more so when I'm transferring data, so I imagine performance would be a little worse, but I'm not so sure it would be noticable. EVDO Rev A is plenty fast... bandwidth doesn't cause the slow downs, at least for me, anyway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro