PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Juicy 8 Account Could Not Be Validated

I just flashed to the new Juicy 8 and whenever i try to make outgoing calls i get a message saying your sprint account could not be validated, please contact customer service. I can still send and receive texts and calls fine as well as browse the web i just cant make calls. anyone know how to fix it?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59
Re: Juicy 8 Account Could Not Be Validated

When you go to Settings\System\Device Information do you get the information list? Towards the bottom it should show your sprintpcs e-mail account and your ESN and your MSD # (which should be your phone # then under that should be your MSID #. If none of that is showing try this cab file. If I remeber from using juicy's rom they are more generic than carrier specific. Anyway check all this out and when you install the cab file you will have all your missing sprint info.
Attached Files
File Type: cab dcd Sprint Carrier 20090607.cab (1.85 MB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well i see the information there when i go to device info but ill try installing a DCD cab anyway and let you know (im usin 20090614 that i got off his host it has a more recent date than the one u sent so hopefully itll work with 6.5 i used it on his ROM when i flashed that)
Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Alright i tried it, did nothing... still get the same message
Old 06-23-2009, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

I'm not familiar with Sprint error messages but it sounds like your phone is not authenticating on the network, possibly because your AKEY/SSD was wiped/cleared/corrupted when you installed the ROM. You'll need to call Sprint to find out and get it fixed. This is not likely something you can fix if it is bad authentication because the switch has to update your SSD and it most likely won't do it on it's own.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Alright i figured it out (its kinda weird...) but anyway all my numbers had a +1 in front of each of them idk y its jus always been like that I never really payed attention to it, but what i realized is that if i wud jus dial any number it would call. So i went and removed all the +'s from before the numbers and it now its working fine. strange how it only seemed to matter in Juicy 8. But thanks for your help guys.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Weird indeed. What ROM you have should not cause you to get an error with your carrier when you make a call and even if it was because the numbers, you'd think you'd get an error like "your call cannot be completed as dialed.....". Glad you got it figured out in any event.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro