PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any 6.5 roms out there that sprint would use for an offical update

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i think the only time ive had to hard rest is when quick menu erased task manager...
You didn't really have to hard reset to fix that, uninstalling QM & a regedit will bring it back (although it's not really needed with QM)

~John
Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Nfsfan's rom is great.
I'm lovin it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516509

@boredandtattooed, have you used a custom rom?
why would i need too, ill put my stock TP the way i have it, pound for pound against any ROM, tell me what a custom ROM can do that i cant do by building over the stock ROM.. i can run any app thats found in a custom ROM, and not have to worry about its compatibility.. i can skin all the exact same things found in the cust ROM and make it look identical... i cant stand touch flo, so theres nothing to offer me there on a cust Rom.. ummm, i can chage pagepools and everything myself..... so i dont really understand the hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
You didn't really have to hard reset to fix that, uninstalling QM & a regedit will bring it back (although it's not really needed with QM)

~John
your about 4 months too late, and noone answered my post when i asked where id need to edit the reg to restore// thanks though..
Old 06-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

follow JD's threads. i only use his roms and his latest uses a sprint theme. has a bug or two but he is in the process of fixing them.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70916
Old 06-24-2009, 07:32 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

.....you can't run titanium on a stock rom.

as for the stability, or lack of, i used the sprint stock rom for a while before trying custom roms. after installing all the software that i use, and trying to make tf3d livable (which is why i mention titanium, it has made me like turning my phone on), it became more of a chore than anything else to use the stock rom and its limitations.

if you want to argue about speed and stability, thats been done countless times. its all about personal preference. what i'm saying is, if you're looking for a rom that has the least bugs, and the most speed, you're not going to find that with a stock rom. somebody said in this thread, something about looking at the threads of the custom roms, and seeing problems and fixes....if thats swaying you away from custom roms, look at all the people with bugs and NO fixes with completely stock devices.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
follow JD's threads. i only use his roms and his latest uses a sprint theme. has a bug or two but he is in the process of fixing them.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70916
I agree, I have been using JD's ROMs for a while now. I might flash to someone else's ROM, but JD's works the best for me and for some reason I don't have some of the trouble that others have. You just need to try some ROMs and see what works for you.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: Any 6.5 roms out there that sprint would use for an offical update

InvarTech1 HQHD YouTube Live TP DeskTop Version! WebTV 0371! {WVD 1

Coming soon the all new "Technology1 MultiMedia Total Entertainment Super ROM" with Multi Video Systems, Live Media {GLOBAL} Video/Live Media GPS... Including the Coreplayer built into the ROM, SkyFire Web browser is also built into the system giving you direct access to Beta Sling.com, no SlingBox required..... The new {WVD 1.40} is another player that's built into the ROM and there is more...

The GameFuel Room is also on board with Emulators and a host of other games... Yes NFL fans, SprintTV is built into the ROM also, works out of the box....

As most of you know already, the iphone change the game when it comes to mobile phone entertainment....

By the way my ROM is UFO beyond light speed fast, even with a TON of apps on your phone... Battery life is nuclear power, like the nine lives of a cat, it just keep on going, no hype, it's ONNNNN....!{LOL}

Another Preview Shot....!

Last edited by Technology1; 06-24-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus
Threadstarter

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz

O snap that looks pretty cool for a rom but its 6.1 isnt it? Im trying to focus on 6.5 roms but its just so dang hard argh!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon9mouz View Post
O snap that looks pretty cool for a rom but its 6.1 isnt it? Im trying to focus on 6.5 roms but its just so dang hard argh!
thats a 6.5 rom.
What about checking out my rom. Plus people dont realise how slow and sh!tty stock is until they flash a custom rom, plus once you flash a custom rom you can always flash back to the stock rom! Whats there to loose?
Plus the TP is nearly impossible to brick when flashing a rom, ive flashed a few hundred times and never had anything go wrong that isnt fixed by flashing again
Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon9mouz View Post
Here I will explain. Ok i been looking at some threads and it might look like thats something i will get and then somebody will post somethinn about I have this problem and blah blah blah. Also they will keep posting up all these fixes and patches and this and that the fix and correct some of the problems with there roms and everything. So yeah im kinda scared to go through that. I just want one thats real fast, smooth with everything and it looks good. Yeah i would like it to everything and then some but just dont want to go throught all them problems with a rom thats not done all the way. Most of the people on here are smart and know these things, went to school for it. I just learn everything as I go. Some what a noob but trying to keep up but its hard sometimes. Yeah so if anyones understands what I mean now plz help thank you

P.S. Thanks Coz for moving my thread I wasnt sure still new to this hehe.
Know whatcha mean man, I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of flashing a different ROM and getting simple programs to work. I just tweak the hell out of the stock ROM and it's fine with me. I guess I don't know what I'm missing since I've never tried a custom ROM but I'm fine with stock.

At this point I just want the phone to work as a phone. Could care less what version of software I'm running.

I see you're in the 'cliff, shoutout.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
thats a 6.5 rom.
What about checking out my rom. Plus people dont realise how slow and sh!tty stock is until they flash a custom rom, plus once you flash a custom rom you can always flash back to the stock rom! Whats there to loose?
Plus the TP is nearly impossible to brick when flashing a rom, ive flashed a few hundred times and never had anything go wrong that isnt fixed by flashing again
i second that plus stock is running 6.1 when you go to 6.5 going back to 6.1 is just horrible and unusably punishment i think hahah its like running a mac instead of a pc ...and custom roms don't give you all that crap stock roms put on your phone that you dont even use.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro