PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Any 6.5 roms out there that sprint would use for an offical update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72513)

jmorton10 06-23-2009 08:34 PM

Re: Any 6.5 roms out there that sprint would use for an offical update

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 992581)
i think the only time ive had to hard rest is when quick menu erased task manager...

You didn't really have to hard reset to fix that, uninstalling QM & a regedit will bring it back (although it's not really needed with QM)

~John

boredandtattooed 06-23-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 992602)
Nfsfan's rom is great.
I'm lovin it. :D
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516509

@boredandtattooed, have you used a custom rom?

why would i need too, ill put my stock TP the way i have it, pound for pound against any ROM, tell me what a custom ROM can do that i cant do by building over the stock ROM.. i can run any app thats found in a custom ROM, and not have to worry about its compatibility.. i can skin all the exact same things found in the cust ROM and make it look identical... i cant stand touch flo, so theres nothing to offer me there on a cust Rom.. ummm, i can chage pagepools and everything myself..... so i dont really understand the hype

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 992664)
You didn't really have to hard reset to fix that, uninstalling QM & a regedit will bring it back (although it's not really needed with QM)

~John

your about 4 months too late, and noone answered my post when i asked where id need to edit the reg to restore// thanks though..

tom6433 06-24-2009 05:02 AM

follow JD's threads. i only use his roms and his latest uses a sprint theme. has a bug or two but he is in the process of fixing them.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70916

ou2mame 06-24-2009 07:32 AM

.....you can't run titanium on a stock rom.

as for the stability, or lack of, i used the sprint stock rom for a while before trying custom roms. after installing all the software that i use, and trying to make tf3d livable (which is why i mention titanium, it has made me like turning my phone on), it became more of a chore than anything else to use the stock rom and its limitations.

if you want to argue about speed and stability, thats been done countless times. its all about personal preference. what i'm saying is, if you're looking for a rom that has the least bugs, and the most speed, you're not going to find that with a stock rom. somebody said in this thread, something about looking at the threads of the custom roms, and seeing problems and fixes....if thats swaying you away from custom roms, look at all the people with bugs and NO fixes with completely stock devices.

jason25 06-24-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom6433 (Post 993279)
follow JD's threads. i only use his roms and his latest uses a sprint theme. has a bug or two but he is in the process of fixing them.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70916

I agree, I have been using JD's ROMs for a while now. I might flash to someone else's ROM, but JD's works the best for me and for some reason I don't have some of the trouble that others have. You just need to try some ROMs and see what works for you.

Technology1 06-24-2009 08:22 AM

InvarTech1 HQHD YouTube Live TP DeskTop Version! WebTV 0371! {WVD 1
http://www.go2convert.com/processed/1245841080729.png

Coming soon the all new "Technology1 MultiMedia Total Entertainment Super ROM" with Multi Video Systems, Live Media {GLOBAL} Video/Live Media GPS... Including the Coreplayer built into the ROM, SkyFire Web browser is also built into the system giving you direct access to Beta Sling.com, no SlingBox required..... The new {WVD 1.40} is another player that's built into the ROM and there is more...

The GameFuel Room is also on board with Emulators and a host of other games... Yes NFL fans, SprintTV is built into the ROM also, works out of the box....

As most of you know already, the iphone change the game when it comes to mobile phone entertainment....

By the way my ROM is UFO beyond light speed fast, even with a TON of apps on your phone... Battery life is nuclear power, like the nine lives of a cat, it just keep on going, no hype, it's ONNNNN....!{LOL}:mrgreen:

http://www.go2convert.com/processed/1245854134430.png

Another Preview Shot....!

Anon9mouz 06-25-2009 03:24 AM

O snap that looks pretty cool for a rom but its 6.1 isnt it? Im trying to focus on 6.5 roms but its just so dang hard argh!

bikeandestroyx 06-25-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon9mouz (Post 995459)
O snap that looks pretty cool for a rom but its 6.1 isnt it? Im trying to focus on 6.5 roms but its just so dang hard argh!

thats a 6.5 rom.
What about checking out my rom. Plus people dont realise how slow and sh!tty stock is until they flash a custom rom, plus once you flash a custom rom you can always flash back to the stock rom! Whats there to loose?
Plus the TP is nearly impossible to brick when flashing a rom, ive flashed a few hundred times and never had anything go wrong that isnt fixed by flashing again

blazinazn 06-25-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon9mouz (Post 992254)
Here I will explain. Ok i been looking at some threads and it might look like thats something i will get and then somebody will post somethinn about I have this problem and blah blah blah. Also they will keep posting up all these fixes and patches and this and that the fix and correct some of the problems with there roms and everything. So yeah im kinda scared to go through that. I just want one thats real fast, smooth with everything and it looks good. Yeah i would like it to everything and then some but just dont want to go throught all them problems with a rom thats not done all the way. Most of the people on here are smart and know these things, went to school for it. I just learn everything as I go. Some what a noob but trying to keep up but its hard sometimes. Yeah so if anyones understands what I mean now plz help thank you

P.S. Thanks Coz for moving my thread I wasnt sure still new to this hehe.

Know whatcha mean man, I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of flashing a different ROM and getting simple programs to work. I just tweak the hell out of the stock ROM and it's fine with me. I guess I don't know what I'm missing since I've never tried a custom ROM but I'm fine with stock.

At this point I just want the phone to work as a phone. Could care less what version of software I'm running.

I see you're in the 'cliff, shoutout.

dodge_longhorn 06-25-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 995722)
thats a 6.5 rom.
What about checking out my rom. Plus people dont realise how slow and sh!tty stock is until they flash a custom rom, plus once you flash a custom rom you can always flash back to the stock rom! Whats there to loose?
Plus the TP is nearly impossible to brick when flashing a rom, ive flashed a few hundred times and never had anything go wrong that isnt fixed by flashing again

i second that plus stock is running 6.1 when you go to 6.5 going back to 6.1 is just horrible and unusably punishment i think hahah its like running a mac instead of a pc :D...and custom roms don't give you all that crap stock roms put on your phone that you dont even use.