PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New here and looking 4 a few answers please =)

Hi,

Brand New user Coming from EverythingQ.com Which is now everythingWM.com

My last phone was a Motorola Q ( Which i was in LOVE with )

My phone for work is the iPhone

And now i have a brand new HTC touch pro ( Us Cellular )

anyways every Rom/kitchen i see ( w/e the difference is i would be thankfull if someone explained the difference )

I see all CDMA carriers Ex Us Cellular....so will this work?

I guess if its CDMA it will right?

( I feel like the only person on here with Us Cellular =/ it really is a great company )

My second question is

Is Flashing/Unlocking The CDMA Touch Pro as easy as Jailbreaking a iphone?

also how long does it take?

( Which ive done twice 1 for me and 1 time for my friend )

I see the 1st sticky thread in this section which i AM going to read and follow but i would just like that comparison please......

Next Question

Do u guys this it is REALLY necessary to the upgrade 2 WM 6.5 ?

Last question

Does any one know a rom/kitchen i can use for my phone that has this theme?

Or is a matter of Changing the wallpaper n such?

( If anyone can suggest a better them for me let me know )

If you guys can help me out in i would REALLY be thankful

THANKS IN ADVANCED!

-Allamerican2302
Old 06-22-2009, 09:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: New here and looking 4 a few answers please =)

im running 6.1 and dont think im missing anything. welcome here also.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

unlocking/flashing is not difficult. If you can follow simple instructions, you can do it. Differences between roms are noted in their release notes, the easiest way to determine those differences would be to read the release notes. the screenshots you posted are of winmo 6.5. IMO 6.1 is more stable at this point, and i despise the honeycomb interface of 6.5, however, to each his own. best suggestion i can make would be that you try several roms and see what you like. It does not take long to flash a rom, id say about 5 minutes max to flash the rom, and another 5 minutes to perform the first time boot procedure, reset, and be ready to roll. Read the stickies on unlocking your phone, then read the chefs comments on the individual roms to determine which one you want, then just follow installation instructions and enjoy.

ps. My personal favorite is mightyrom 4.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: VZdub

psooky is just getting started

For the most part, any CDMA ROM will work with your TP. Some ROMS are made for specific carriers, but it should say in the title or in the first post of the thread.

Unlocking/Flashing is actually very easy, but it can be scary your first time since there are several new acronyms and such you probably wouldn't have heard of before.

Read the sticky about unlocking/flashing, cross your fingers and search, and if you still don't have the answer, post the question.

As far as the theme you posted pics of, I think it was a demo of WM 6.5, so the pic in probably in a lot of cook's kitchens. You need to install a cab (or do a reg edit?) to get the honeycomb look, but otherwise it is an ordinary 6.5 ROM.

6.5 vs 6.1 is really a matter of personal preference at this point. I like 6.5 just for the smoother finger-scrolling, but YMMV.

And good luck flashing! It becomes very addicting.

Hello World!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deprecated is just getting started

Welcome!

I'm a diehard 6.5 fan. I'll never go back... there are just too many features I got used to with 6.1, titanium and the start menu namely. Then again, its all a matter of personal preference.

Also, from what I've been told, US Cellular is indeed CDMA - as I have had a friend get a Verizon handset activated on US Cellular. I'm not sure on their ESN policies, but you can always talk to a rep.

Enjoy your stay, cheers!

Edit: also, I swear by the ROM/radio in my sig. End shameless plug!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

THANK U ALL FOR THE ADVICE/HELP

I think imma go with the Mighty Rom 5 first....

ALOT of people seem to give it good rep and feed back

Then imma just look at the others if im not satisfied

As far as backing up contacts and my music n pics n vids...

i can just put that on ma storage card correct?

better yet ma contacts are in active sync! lol

Thanks again!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deprecated is just getting started

use PPCPimBackup to backup your contacts, say to an SD card or somewhere on your computer. I've used it without flaw or error since it came out. Also, you can't go wrong with MightyROM! If there is anything you need, this is the community for it! We're all willing to help any way we can. Cheers, and good luck flashing, as someone stated earlier it does get addicting!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
use PPCPimBackup to backup your contacts, say to an SD card or somewhere on your computer. I've used it without flaw or error since it came out. Also, you can't go wrong with MightyROM! If there is anything you need, this is the community for it! We're all willing to help any way we can. Cheers, and good luck flashing, as someone stated earlier it does get addicting!
thankz!

I will download that PPCPinBackup as soon as i post this lol

i think imma also try that EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' Titanium ( just b.c u have it ) After i take mighty rom 4 a spin

so it must be good...
Old 06-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

First off, you are not the only one. I am also a US Cellular customer with a Touch Pro. (But since I am new here too, guess that won't help) Been with USC for about 5 years. Haven't found a better one that gives me the same or better deal. AT&T & Sprint, "0" bars in my home. (My kids have those and when they come to visit, they have to go outside to call or talk) Verizon is great, but USC had a cheaper plan. I don't know about the rest. I also wanted to install the 6.5 ROM but it can be a bit confusing since USC isn't mentioned in any of the unlock or flash post. And if you do a search for US Cellular it will come up invalid search (US) need at least 3 letters. And if you do one for uscellular you get 4 post. (Well now 5 since I wrote it in here)
Old 06-23-2009, 06:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

You might want to give Merdin's 6.5 ROM a try also.

That has an awesome custom version of TF3D2 Rhodium & the battery life with this ROM is absolutely outstanding.

The improvements in 6.5 are nice for the most part. Most people hate the retarded start menu, but that's easily fixed by adding Quickmenu which is an awesome program.

Personally, I can't stand the Titanium interface & I have been bouncing back & forth between Rhodium & the VGA version of HTCHome. When I first tried 6.5 you where stuck with the Titanium & that awful start menu so I switched back to 6.1.

Now that other options are available, I love 6.5 & won't be switching back.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro