PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Threadstarter

alexanderbanna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Quick nub question

So what should I do where should I go?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you want to switch to VZN then you will have to do the unlocking yourself. you will need to do that, put on the rom of your choice then contact TS and work your way up the line till someone can add the ESN of your phone to the DMD list for VZN. they should tell you it will take 7-10 days till its active. you have to have a VZN account BEFORE you start this process. that may be why some people cant get there phones activated.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
A. YES, they did. that was the whole point of the opt 3 on *228. it even said in the options menu "to activate a phone not from VZN, press 3". this became an option because of the ruling about THERE OWN TOSA that you didnt have to buy the phone from VZN. (you should really do your homework before you make a statement like that.)

B. you still need ther carrier cab so it will work on your network. so you need the carrier cab, AS WELL as the rom to change to there network, OR you have to sent the phone to Tx to have VZN flash it for you.

C.no one said any different. as i stated, contact tech support and have the device added to there DMD. i thought i was quite clear on that.

D. you still need ther carrier cab so it will work on your network.

dont believe me? kinda strang i probably had one of the first non VZN smartphones running on VZN. i have been there, done that. i have an altell 6800 setup for VZN with a good ESN in there system. it was not a mistake, and i was very clear when i called that it was an Altell phone. 0 problems once i got to the correct tech.

Dude,

*228 option 3 NEVER said "to activate a non-VZW phone", it was simply another option for activating phones (upgrades, replacements, etc). And if this was because of a court ruling then why doesn't it still work hmmm? You do not "need" a carrier cab to get a phone working on their network...more nonsense. I have an Alltel Touch Pro (before the merger was completed) and once i got it added to the dmd I connected it to my VZW acct with the stock ROM after making all the necessary changes myself...no cab. It was only after getting it working did i flash another ROM. Also, no one has ever sent their PDA to TX and got it back with it flashed. Why? Because that option is only for a specific list of phones of which there is not a single PDA. And FYI, I don't need to do my homework...I have the information straight from the souce.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:49 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well "dude" your wrong. as i said, i OPENLY told VZN tech support that it was an altell phone. that activated it. and yes OPTION 3 under *228 WAS FOR OTHER CARRIERS DEVICES. thats what opt 3 was for. i know, i used it. dont know what/who your "source" was/is but they were WRONG. i went through this with several tech's. also, its kind of strange they sent me a fedex package and lable to send to Tx to have the phone flashed to there system until i explaned that it has already been taken care of. this was for a 6800(a PDA in case you didnt know). so you want to try that story again?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
well "dude" your wrong. as i said, i OPENLY told VZN tech support that it was an altell phone. that activated it. and yes OPTION 3 under *228 WAS FOR OTHER CARRIERS DEVICES. thats what opt 3 was for. i know, i used it. dont know what/who your "source" was/is but they were WRONG. i went through this with several tech's. also, its kind of strange they sent me a fedex package and lable to send to Tx to have the phone flashed to there system until i explaned that it has already been taken care of. this was for a 6800(a PDA in case you didnt know). so you want to try that story again?

Ok,

So let me get this straight. You told a tech that your phone was an alltel phone and that magically activated it? Right, they must be using some new ESP system. Your alltel device being activated is nothing remarkable as the companies have merged. I ask again, if option 3 was for activating other carrier's devices why does it no longer do it? Why does it now only activate VZW devices, something it could do from the beginning? Let me type this slowly so you will understand. I AM the "source". The only devices you can send to TX are devices on the SADL list, and there is no PDAs on it, Alltel or otherwise. Why you were sent a package is anyones guess, but I suspect ignorance. In any event, you believe what you want to, I will not waste any more time on this.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 PM
VIP Member

let me type this slow so YOU can understand. yes. i told them it was an Altell 6800. they forwarded me to another tech whom took down my info from the phone. started a DMD add ticket and called me back 4 days later to say it had been added and to go to my online account and switch ESN's. then dial *228 do option 3, WHICH was, activate a device that came from another carrier. did that. also did *228 opt 2. went back to my account and there was none of this unknown device, it showed a VZN 6800 as my phone. im sorry that you dont believe me. i really dont care because I know what i did and that it worked 100%. if you are the "source", maybe you need to go back and check VZN's policy for that time and do some reading. im sure they did away with the *228 opt 3 because they wanted to try and force people to buy THERE phones by people that dont know how the system works. again, they told me to send the device to TX for programming to VZN's network BEFORE i told them it was already done and ready for VZN's network.

OH, and this was long before the Altell/VZN merger. when this was done, that was nothing but a rumor.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
let me type this slow so YOU can understand. yes. i told them it was an Altell 6800. they forwarded me to another tech whom took down my info from the phone. started a DMD add ticket and called me back 4 days later to say it had been added and to go to my online account and switch ESN's. then dial *228 do option 3, WHICH was, activate a device that came from another carrier. did that. also did *228 opt 2. went back to my account and there was none of this unknown device, it showed a VZN 6800 as my phone. im sorry that you dont believe me. i really dont care because I know what i did and that it worked 100%. if you are the "source", maybe you need to go back and check VZN's policy for that time and do some reading. im sure they did away with the *228 opt 3 because they wanted to try and force people to buy THERE phones by people that dont know how the system works. again, they told me to send the device to TX for programming to VZN's network BEFORE i told them it was already done and ready for VZN's network.

OH, and this was long before the Altell/VZN merger. when this was done, that was nothing but a rumor.
My god dude, you are thick. Your phone had been added to the DMD, thats why you could activate it. I could take any CDMA phone anywhere in the world and use *228 option 3 to activate it once it was loaded in the DMD. That was never in dispute. I'm also willing to bet that your 6800 was loaded into the DMD as one of our 6800s so in a way telling the OTA that it is a VZW phone. You go ahead and send a phone to TX...let us know how that goes eh? Speaking of people that don't know "how the system works", you fit into that catagory. When you activated the phone is also irrelevant as any device in the last 5 or more years could have been activated once loaded into the DMD.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

OK, your right, you KNOW it all. i dont know squat. you are god of cellphones. im sorry, i dont know what im talking about.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

teknixxx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to teknixxx

I wouldn't call him the God of Cellphones... but I would call you at least a very imaginative person.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro