PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WIFI On-Demand (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72457)

cchris81 06-22-2009 01:56 PM

WIFI On-Demand

Okay, I remember reading about this some time ago, and can't find it anywhere. I'm at my dad's house, for 3 weeks, and i usually lock my phone to 1x and use wifi, but since the last time I've been here there was something about wifi on demand, where it would turn when needed. I certain i checked all the settings, but i notice on my rom (JUICY) that some settings I used to see are no longer there, such as "always dim backlight on lock" so I'm hoping its not one of these.

So if anyone can help me out, possible a reg key, I appreciate it.

Thanks

boredandtattooed 06-22-2009 02:04 PM

Re: WIFI On-Demand

ummm, could you state your actual question a little more clearly, sorry lol

cchris81 06-22-2009 02:16 PM

sorry, I guess what Im trying to ask is how do you turn wifi on demand ON, when it isnt shown on the wifi settings page.

boredandtattooed 06-22-2009 04:13 PM

its an app called wifi on demand?

to turn wifi on goto comm manager or settings,connections,wifi..

cchris81 06-22-2009 06:25 PM

Not an app, it should be a setting. Its so you don't use the cell data connection, and everytime it needs to connect to the internet for something it turns wifi on automatically instead of the data connection. This really handy in 1x areas (which I am at now). Basically so you connect to wifi instead 1x without having wifi on constantly.
It used to be a setting in WIFI, but i don't have it in my current rom, but I'm hoping there is a reg key to enable it.

[sammich] 06-22-2009 08:09 PM

Hmm... never heard of it. I know you can delete you network connections to disable Sprint internet and put WiFi in low power mode so it shuts off when inactive but comes online when needed.

boredandtattooed 06-22-2009 11:00 PM

uhh, i dunno man, ive never heard of that... what phone had that setting in it? not a TOuch Pro, and not a Mogul, ive violated those 2 devices personally and its no setting ive ever seen, or read about even i think.. "wifi on demand" , thats really what its called?

***edit, i cant get nothing out of a google search either and thats rare to come up empty like that..

thvoicwethin 07-20-2009 12:31 PM

this would be a nice .cab file to make so that their is some sort of setting like this. I would def use/buy it. I would like to keep wifi turned on but its a battery user. A setting that only allows wifi to connect when it's needed would be amazing.

I think i need a SDK program, hmm....lets go get it.

rekphiv 07-20-2009 12:51 PM

Sorry I can't be of more help, But I saw the thread you were talking about maybe a month or two ago. You aren't crazy, It exists even if the search doesn't find it!

Compusmurf 07-20-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 990846)
ive violated those 2 devices personally

Um, TMI? LOL. Violated? I assume you meant validated.

hahahaha