PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Windows update issues? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72413)

Big Redneck3100 06-22-2009 10:18 AM

Windows update issues?

Anyone know why the windows update isn't working? A friend of mine at work has the LG Incite, and he tried the windows update and it took like 5 mins to complete and gave him an error saying check connection and time settings...I tried it last night when he told me and got the same thing...Normally it only takes about 30 seconds or so and says no updates available. Are they updating server stuff? Or maybe getting ready to roll out an update for WinMo? Anyone have any insight to this?

shaggylive 06-22-2009 10:21 AM

Re: Windows update issues?

yup, that's been the forgotten app since wm5.
it seams that the experts have finally dug into it and hopefully soon we will have that hacked to a ppcgeek/xda update :)

blazinazn 06-22-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Redneck3100 (Post 989446)
Anyone know why the windows update isn't working? A friend of mine at work has the LG Incite, and he tried the windows update and it took like 5 mins to complete and gave him an error saying check connection and time settings...I tried it last night when he told me and got the same thing...Normally it only takes about 30 seconds or so and says no updates available. Are they updating server stuff? Or maybe getting ready to roll out an update for WinMo? Anyone have any insight to this?

I've never had a windows updates...just checked on my TP and it said no updates are available..

Big Redneck3100 06-22-2009 10:28 AM

Right, thats what it always told me was no updates available....and last night I checked, and it took like 6 minutes before finally saying "check connection, blah blah blah"...and when I clicked ok, and it took me back to the main update screen showing last update check, it said "Update unsuccesful" So Im wondering if they may have something new in store for us....possibly an upgrade of sorts....

Big Redneck3100 06-22-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 989448)
yup, that's been the forgotten app since wm5.
it seams that the experts have finally dug into it and hopefully soon we will have that hacked to a ppcgeek/xda update :)

+1 to that Shaggy :)

blazinazn 06-22-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Redneck3100 (Post 989464)
Right, thats what it always told me was no updates available....and last night I checked, and it took like 6 minutes before finally saying "check connection, blah blah blah"...and when I clicked ok, and it took me back to the main update screen showing last update check, it said "Update unsuccesful" So Im wondering if they may have something new in store for us....possibly an upgrade of sorts....

Acutally, I just ran the update again and got the same thing you described. Hopefully, this will include a software update but knowing microsoft it'll just mess stuff up.

Big Redneck3100 06-22-2009 10:35 AM

Lmao, I hear ya....I can't remember where I saw it, but I read somewhere that the mobile update was controlled by carrier...I can't really see how thats possible, or is it? Do ya think they might release 6.5 this way when it comes available?

blazinazn 06-22-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Redneck3100 (Post 989475)
Lmao, I hear ya....I can't remember where I saw it, but I read somewhere that the mobile update was controlled by carrier...I can't really see how thats possible, or is it? Do ya think they might release 6.5 this way when it comes available?

That wouldn't surprise me since this phone is on multiple carriers. I don't know if it would be a good thing or not if they pushed out 6.5 via windows update on the phone. It would be "cool" if it worked but like I said before, I don't really trust Microsoft to do that.

I think it would be beneficial if they got this working especially since the TP2's are shipping with 6.1, if I remember correctly...So it would be an easy/efficient way to upgrade to 6.5.

Big Redneck3100 06-22-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 989483)
I think it would be beneficial if they got this working especially since the TP2's are shipping with 6.1, if I remember correctly...So it would be an easy/efficient way to upgrade to 6.5.

That would be be most beneficial way to upgrade everyone...I think it would save a lot of hassel on the carriers part...maybe they're gettin ready to do that and are upgrading server capacity or something...

leemoss84 09-11-2009 12:18 PM

i seriously doubt that they will send us the 6.5 upgrade.that would make them no new money unless u consider money from apps bought at marketplace.