PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Shawn Gilbert is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outlook Task on HTC Windows Mobile 6.1

Hey guys,
Just got a new HTC and other than absolutely insanely bad battery life I like it ok. One very large problem i have is with Outlook task, our company uses "assigned task" as a trouble ticket solution and so far my Diamond does 2 things that my Curve did not.

1. Instead of the new task coming to my inbox with the rest of my email till it is accepted, it instead goes straight to the task section in windows mobile. So i never get an email with email alert to know a new task has been sent.
2. Its ok that it puts it straight to task section but I cannot discover where to get audible ( or any other kind ) of notification when a new task is sent/assigned to me. I like that i can truly edit the task via exchange push which is what i was after but not knowing they are coming in is killing me.

any help with settings, registry change, or after market software would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Outlook Task on HTC Windows Mobile 6.1

to condition your battery do this: simply allow it to FULLY drain (till shutdown) before you start charging it. And then once you've begun a charge try to let it charge as fully as you possibly can before using it again. Repeat this for the first 5-7 days and your batt life will double! I condition all of the batteries on my phones when i first get them this same way and i never have power issues out of the gate while I hear many others complain about it.

as for your other observation, sorry i dont use tasks much.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

csujd is a n00b

Any solution to this yet? I'm wondering pretty much the same thing, I have a work folder within my hotmail acount which is push mail. I get a notification when I get new personal e-mail but each time the phone syncs with hotmail and get's my personal e-mail, it will also sync my work e-mail folder which I have forwarded to my personal e-mail. Anyway to get a notification when I get new mail into my work folder on my hotmail account? I get 60% more work e-mail than I do personal e-mail so I have to constantly check to see if I have new e-mails in my work folder. Make sense?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:27 AM
mcw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Gilbert View Post
2. Its ok that it puts it straight to task section but I cannot discover where to get audible ( or any other kind ) of notification when a new task is sent/assigned to me. I like that i can truly edit the task via exchange push which is what i was after but not knowing they are coming in is killing me.
Tasks (at least when configured in Outlook or on the Phone) do allow you to set reminders. Maybe have them (those that assign you the tasks) set a reminder on the tasks for 10 minutes after creation (if too early, it may not sound depending on how long it takes to sync, or if it doesn't get added to the notification queue in time). This will use your default Reminder sound, and will popup a notice (similar to a Calendar reminder). This is NOT the due date (there is a separate "reminder" that can be set in Outlook and on the phone when creating a task).

Other than that, I don't believe there is a notification setting for new tasks upon creation (under Sounds and Notifications in Settings) - since the Windows Mobile background is as a PIM, it was designed so that the end user (you) would create Tasks and be aware of them.

You can also try to look for a desktop solution which will copy your tasks to your e-mail, or send you an SMS upon a new task. You should be able to create a macro/script in Outlook that can do this, but you will need to leave Outlook open all the time.

(If you feel this post has helped, please feel free to hit the green Thanks button to the right).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro