PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kernel610 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! accidentally deleted files. HELP!

Help! I was going through my pics in xnview (pic editor) and I meant to delete a file but instead i deleted my pic folder off my phone. is there any way to undelete this. I haven't restarted my phone yet. The pics still show up in my pics tab and I can scroll through them. I'm guessing they are somewhere in a cache temp folder. Is there any way to get these back? I've tried Wizcode Undelete and it found some internet files, but not the pics I was looking for. Please help!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Block is becoming a great contributor
Re: HELP! accidentally deleted files. HELP!

try to open a pic in touchflo, click the pic to bring up the 4 icons click the last one, click properties and itll show where ur pics are.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

if you have a memory card i would look at this

http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/60
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordyt View Post

he said they were on the phone.
so this won't help.

Unless the OP was mistaken and they were actually saving to his SDcard instead.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

u dont use active sync? if so all ur pics are still in ur PC waiting to be sync back over
Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
u dont use active sync? if so all ur pics are still in ur PC waiting to be sync back over
psh, who syncs now a days!?!?!
I don't use activesync. haha.
I hate it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ive been using WinMo for 3yrs now i think, and ive yet to have active sync mess up for me... but ive read my fair share of horror stories about it....

the thing about active sync atleast is once your info is in your comp, you cant lose it...even if sync messin up, your files r still there for when u get it working...

if pimbackup or some of the others mess up, your kind screwed, as in this case maybe
Old 06-21-2009, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordyt View Post

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I read my post and I guess I did say they were on my phone and not my card. The pictures I was seeing on my TF3D Photo tab were actually pictures I received from MMS and I just didn't realize it. I ran this program and it found them right away. Thanks again!!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:59 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Man, Ive done this twice on huge picture folders, it takes only a second to delete them all as trying to pull the battery quickly only saved a few...... man that sucked
Old 06-21-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Man, Ive done this twice on huge picture folders, it takes only a second to delete them all as trying to pull the battery quickly only saved a few...... man that sucked
Try this program out then. It found files that were taken and deleted right after too. It seems like every picture every taken showed up. Even pics from internet sites I visited. Definitely worth it if you're in the same situation. Even if it was a long time ago, it seems to find it all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro