PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP is almost DEAD!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72361)

dbord_n 06-21-2009 04:55 PM

TP is almost DEAD!!!!

well, i got a touch pro thats about 2 months old, its my secound one in fact and it is going out like crazy!!!! what started it was the old keyboard not working which turned into the standby button not responding after the phone would be put into standy, now every time it power cycles it does a hard reset all on its own!!!! i went to the alltel store and have another phone on the way but it is on back order and isn't expected to ship till next thursday!!!! i am pretty pissed about how crapy this phone has been. has anybody else had any of these problems????

sorry didn't mean to post in the upgrade section!!!

boredmug 06-21-2009 05:05 PM

Re: TP is almost DEAD!!!!

Bought might in November. Totally immaculate with no problems.

Tilde88 06-21-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbord_n (Post 988390)
well, i got a touch pro thats about 2 months old, its my secound one in fact and it is going out like crazy!!!! what started it was the old keyboard not working which turned into the standby button not responding after the phone would be put into standy, now every time it power cycles it does a hard reset all on its own!!!! i went to the alltel store and have another phone on the way but it is on back order and isn't expected to ship till next thursday!!!! i am pretty pissed about how crapy this phone has been. has anybody else had any of these problems????

sorry didn't mean to post in the upgrade section!!!

lol as i said in the other one
try this
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar

dbord_n 06-21-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilde88 (Post 988407)
lol as i said in the other one
try this
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar

hey i tried that i am with alltel and flashed the stock alltel rom, it kinda made things worse. lol what kicked it all off was flashing to the newest mightyrom. i am not sure if that is really what did it or if it was just one of those things.

gator352 06-21-2009 06:31 PM

Flash at own risk......

dbord_n 06-21-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 988508)
Flash at own risk......

lol thanks for your two cents bro!!!

gator352 06-21-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbord_n (Post 988536)
lol thanks for your two cents bro!!!

lol man, sorry!! I really don't have an answer for ya. Just flash back to stock and relock. If problem persists, I'd say your TP is hosed. To be honest though, I have a second TP I use for flashing and testing and I have not experienced those problems. But my main TP i still use stock. Yeah, other roms are faster, better, prettier, but the stock rom...well....just works. I'll take functionality of everything over great functionality of somethings and no functionality of others.

codybear 06-21-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 988556)
lol man, sorry!! I really don't have an answer for ya. Just flash back to stock and relock. If problem persists, I'd say your TP is hosed. To be honest though, I have a second TP I use for flashing and testing and I have not experienced those problems. But my main TP i still use stock. Yeah, other roms are faster, better, prettier, but the stock rom...well....just works. I'll take functionality of everything over great functionality of somethings and no functionality of others.

hahahahaahaha
only two problems I had was one, the keyboard started to go out.
Fixed that by just squeezeing the phone at the spacebar.
Like press the spacebar with your thumb, and push with your index fingers on the back underneath the phone directly below the spacebar.
that popped the ribbon back into place.

two, my texts were messing up and were lagging/etc.
That was my own fault,
you can't keep thousands of texts in your inbox
and not expect that to happen.
simply fixed by deleting them.

There, no more problems...
Don't know why everyone is having all of these problems...

gator352 06-21-2009 07:44 PM

Yeah, I have the same problem with text. I do just as you do....delete them, but i first back them up on my PC. That seems to help the text lagginess.

I have never had a keyboard stop working so I can't confirm the trick you described but I will keep it in mind.

codybear 06-21-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 988609)
Yeah, I have the same problem with text. I do just as you do....delete them, but i first back them up on my PC. That seems to help the text lagginess.

I have never had a keyboard stop working so I can't confirm the trick you described but I will keep it in mind.

the thread I found it in had about 5 people that confirm it,
and in another thread too.
but yeah, keep that in mind. ;)