PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

skywing269 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Removing old mail accounts from TF3D

So I just flashed my TP to an updated ROM and restored all my data using Sprite Backup. It brought everything back fine, however it also brought back the 2 POP mail accounts I had configured previously. TF3D is still showing envelopes containing emails for these accounts, however the accounts and emails do not exist on the system itself. Tapping on them simply brings me to the Setup New Account screen. How would I go about removing these non-existent accounts so that I may remake them from scratch? Thanks.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

jdesola is just getting started
Re: Removing old mail accounts from TF3D

open the keyboard (easier that way) and touch the email box. When it shows the accounts (one in yellow) press the down 'arrow' of the d-pad and highlight the account that you want to delete. The 'menu' on the bottom right only has 'options' and 'delete.' Hit delete and it should get rid of that account.

Buildin' my rep...
Old 02-02-2009, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work

I'm having the same problem, and its not that the accounts are setup and can be deleted from the accounts screen - thanks for the idea tho - its that they don't exist to be deleted but the e-mails show up on the Mail tab of the TF3D screen.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

If you make a new account in email, I think that will convince TF3d to re-generate its view of your mail folders.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

skywing269 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
If you make a new account in email, I think that will convince TF3d to re-generate its view of your mail folders.
Sorry, no luck, those phantom accounts are still there. As another person said, they do not exist in the account list for me to delete them, they are only visible in TF3D
Old 02-02-2009, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I had tried that already, made and even deleted 2 new mail accounts. The "phantoms" still stick but the new accounts appear and disappear
Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Weird. I wonder what its picking up? You could nuke the database used by tmail (help me out here folks, anyone remember which .vol that is?) and soft-reset. Then tmail should re-create the database all clean and empty. Maybe that would do it?
Old 02-02-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Weird. I wonder what its picking up? You could nuke the database used by tmail (help me out here folks, anyone remember which .vol that is?) and soft-reset. Then tmail should re-create the database all clean and empty. Maybe that would do it?
you mean the cemail.vol file? I tried to delete it but it said it was in use
Old 02-02-2009, 06:28 PM
morsus mihi

go into dotfred task manager and kill tmail.exe, then try it. Might need to uncheck TF3d from today settings too.

Or, just rename it using total commander and then restart, then delete the renamed file (old trick for those pesky locked files )
Old 02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jdesola is just getting started

Here i was thinkin' I was the first with the answer...
Thats a tough one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro