PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP On its last thread!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72360)

dbord_n 06-21-2009 04:47 PM

TP On its last thread!!!

well, i got a touch pro thats about 2 months old, its my secound one in fact and it is going out like crazy!!!! what started it was the old keyboard not working which turned into the standby button not responding after the phone would be put into standy, now every time it power cycles it does a hard reset all on its own!!!! i went to the alltel store and have another phone on the way but it is on back order and isn't expected to ship till next thursday!!!! i am pretty pissed about how crapy this phone has been. has anybody else had any of these problems????

sorry didn't mean to post in the upgrade section!!!

Tilde88 06-21-2009 05:06 PM

Re: TP On its last thread!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbord_n (Post 988378)
well, i got a touch pro thats about 2 months old, its my secound one in fact and it is going out like crazy!!!! what started it was the old keyboard not working which turned into the standby button not responding after the phone would be put into standy, now every time it power cycles it does a hard reset all on its own!!!! i went to the alltel store and have another phone on the way but it is on back order and isn't expected to ship till next thursday!!!! i am pretty pissed about how crapy this phone has been. has anybody else had any of these problems????

Try doing a full reset to the stock Sprint ROM
link:
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar

deprecated 06-21-2009 05:09 PM

I went through five (5) new in box Sprint Touch Pro's in 3 months. Sh*t happens, sometimes you get a fluke device. QC is okay these days, but sometimes they'll miss a few, its to be expected with any high volume production. If at all possible, see if Alltel will give you a REFURB Touch Pro. I went through 5 NIB Sprint Touch Pro's before getting a refurb, and so far the refurb has caused me zero problems. Sorry to hear about your luck, but be patient!

Edit: there are also known hardware issues with the Sprint model, and I'm not sure if that applies to the Alltel model as well (it probably does). Heat around the keyboard from prolonged use 'melts' the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the rest of the device, then causes a plethora of issues. Refurbs have that replaced with something more resilient, so I'm fairly positive they don't have the issue anymore.

Call them and raise hell until they give you what you're after (a refurb Touch Pro)!

livejazz 06-21-2009 08:03 PM

I went through 5, then they finally sent me a refurb with no usage. So, basically, it looks as if they are getting them and refurbing them before they make it out. **778* (EPST) page said refurb status - no and no takl time and no life. Was munufactured in MAY, 09. So, yes, it looks like they're fixing them. Mine's been working good with heavy usage for about a week..... no problems.

matt

codybear 06-21-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbord_n (Post 988378)

hahaha, you got screwed over.
go back to the store,
demand a NIB(new in box) replacement.
It's covered under manufacturing warranty.
They have them in the store,
they try not to give you any they have in stock there
incase someone comes to buy one, but they do have them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by livejazz (Post 988637)
I went through 5, then they finally sent me a refurb with no usage. So, basically, it looks as if they are getting them and refurbing them before they make it out. **778* (EPST) page said refurb status - no and no takl time and no life. Was munufactured in MAY, 09. So, yes, it looks like they're fixing them. Mine's been working good with heavy usage for about a week..... no problems.

matt

good to know,
but my ribbon popped out a lil bit ago.
and I just got mine about a week and half ago(tops).
I fixed it by squeezing in the spacebar area.
while pressing the space bar, just sqeeze,
it'll pop the keyboard ribbon back into place. haha.
it's simple.

gorelow 06-21-2009 09:12 PM

how can you type SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO POST IN THE UPGRADE SECTION, and then post it. that cracked me up.

dinodrew 06-21-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deprecated (Post 988409)
I went through five (5) new in box Sprint Touch Pro's in 3 months. Sh*t happens, sometimes you get a fluke device. QC is okay these days, but sometimes they'll miss a few, its to be expected with any high volume production. If at all possible, see if Alltel will give you a REFURB Touch Pro. I went through 5 NIB Sprint Touch Pro's before getting a refurb, and so far the refurb has caused me zero problems. Sorry to hear about your luck, but be patient!

Edit: there are also known hardware issues with the Sprint model, and I'm not sure if that applies to the Alltel model as well (it probably does). Heat around the keyboard from prolonged use 'melts' the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the rest of the device, then causes a plethora of issues. Refurbs have that replaced with something more resilient, so I'm fairly positive they don't have the issue anymore.

Call them and raise hell until they give you what you're after (a refurb Touch Pro)!

Dang. I just got my replacement NIB TP from the Sprint Insurance deal. Hopefully no keyboard meltage here :)

I was impressed with how fast I got it. Called Thursday at noon, arrive on Friday via UPS at 3pm. Crazy.

zone23 06-21-2009 09:16 PM

I guess I'm just lucky, have have not had any issues with my TP from sprint.

hotspace 06-21-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 988744)
how can you type SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO POST IN THE UPGRADE SECTION, and then post it. that cracked me up.

I think he edited... ;)

codybear 06-21-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 988744)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotspace (Post 988752)
I think he edited... ;)

I think he edited it too,
but wouldn't it be great if he didn't. :D:D