PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down TP On its last thread!!!

well, i got a touch pro thats about 2 months old, its my secound one in fact and it is going out like crazy!!!! what started it was the old keyboard not working which turned into the standby button not responding after the phone would be put into standy, now every time it power cycles it does a hard reset all on its own!!!! i went to the alltel store and have another phone on the way but it is on back order and isn't expected to ship till next thursday!!!! i am pretty pissed about how crapy this phone has been. has anybody else had any of these problems????

sorry didn't mean to post in the upgrade section!!!

Last edited by dbord_n; 06-21-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: wrong froum!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Re: TP On its last thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
well, i got a touch pro thats about 2 months old, its my secound one in fact and it is going out like crazy!!!! what started it was the old keyboard not working which turned into the standby button not responding after the phone would be put into standy, now every time it power cycles it does a hard reset all on its own!!!! i went to the alltel store and have another phone on the way but it is on back order and isn't expected to ship till next thursday!!!! i am pretty pissed about how crapy this phone has been. has anybody else had any of these problems????

Try doing a full reset to the stock Sprint ROM
link:
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar
Old 06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deprecated is just getting started

I went through five (5) new in box Sprint Touch Pro's in 3 months. Sh*t happens, sometimes you get a fluke device. QC is okay these days, but sometimes they'll miss a few, its to be expected with any high volume production. If at all possible, see if Alltel will give you a REFURB Touch Pro. I went through 5 NIB Sprint Touch Pro's before getting a refurb, and so far the refurb has caused me zero problems. Sorry to hear about your luck, but be patient!

Edit: there are also known hardware issues with the Sprint model, and I'm not sure if that applies to the Alltel model as well (it probably does). Heat around the keyboard from prolonged use 'melts' the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the rest of the device, then causes a plethora of issues. Refurbs have that replaced with something more resilient, so I'm fairly positive they don't have the issue anymore.

Call them and raise hell until they give you what you're after (a refurb Touch Pro)!

Last edited by deprecated; 06-21-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

I went through 5, then they finally sent me a refurb with no usage. So, basically, it looks as if they are getting them and refurbing them before they make it out. **778* (EPST) page said refurb status - no and no takl time and no life. Was munufactured in MAY, 09. So, yes, it looks like they're fixing them. Mine's been working good with heavy usage for about a week..... no problems.

matt
Old 06-21-2009, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post

hahaha, you got screwed over.
go back to the store,
demand a NIB(new in box) replacement.
It's covered under manufacturing warranty.
They have them in the store,
they try not to give you any they have in stock there
incase someone comes to buy one, but they do have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
I went through 5, then they finally sent me a refurb with no usage. So, basically, it looks as if they are getting them and refurbing them before they make it out. **778* (EPST) page said refurb status - no and no takl time and no life. Was munufactured in MAY, 09. So, yes, it looks like they're fixing them. Mine's been working good with heavy usage for about a week..... no problems.

matt
good to know,
but my ribbon popped out a lil bit ago.
and I just got mine about a week and half ago(tops).
I fixed it by squeezing in the spacebar area.
while pressing the space bar, just sqeeze,
it'll pop the keyboard ribbon back into place. haha.
it's simple.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

how can you type SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO POST IN THE UPGRADE SECTION, and then post it. that cracked me up.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dinodrew is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
I went through five (5) new in box Sprint Touch Pro's in 3 months. Sh*t happens, sometimes you get a fluke device. QC is okay these days, but sometimes they'll miss a few, its to be expected with any high volume production. If at all possible, see if Alltel will give you a REFURB Touch Pro. I went through 5 NIB Sprint Touch Pro's before getting a refurb, and so far the refurb has caused me zero problems. Sorry to hear about your luck, but be patient!

Edit: there are also known hardware issues with the Sprint model, and I'm not sure if that applies to the Alltel model as well (it probably does). Heat around the keyboard from prolonged use 'melts' the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the rest of the device, then causes a plethora of issues. Refurbs have that replaced with something more resilient, so I'm fairly positive they don't have the issue anymore.

Call them and raise hell until they give you what you're after (a refurb Touch Pro)!
Dang. I just got my replacement NIB TP from the Sprint Insurance deal. Hopefully no keyboard meltage here

I was impressed with how fast I got it. Called Thursday at noon, arrive on Friday via UPS at 3pm. Crazy.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I guess I'm just lucky, have have not had any issues with my TP from sprint.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
how can you type SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO POST IN THE UPGRADE SECTION, and then post it. that cracked me up.
I think he edited...
Old 06-21-2009, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspace View Post
I think he edited...
I think he edited it too,
but wouldn't it be great if he didn't.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro