PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   a general unlocker question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72349)

kamran5461 06-21-2009 02:12 PM

a general unlocker question

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex (Post 489108)
[SIZE=+2]
NOTE 4: do not use this RUU to flash anything else! this is only intended for flashing the Hard-SPL.

Hi. Another noob here.
i want to flash to mightymike/silence's rom (june 21) and i am in the process of unlocking my tp(raph800). I am using ur tutorial (Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team) for unlocking my device. i have the hspl.037 that i think i should be using but then i don't get ur 4th note up there... i just wanna make sure that if i unlock my device using that hspl there, can i safely use any rom that is approved for my cdma device/?

...:scratch:
please help!

edit: one more question. i have build 19965.1.2.3 on my stock rom and i wanna download a backup stock rom just in case. which one is the right version to download from your site?

boredmug 06-21-2009 04:54 PM

Re: a general unlocker question

Any Rom That is for a CDMA device will work... Not sure about the backup rom.. I'd just download the latest build you can find.
Basically i think Note 4 is saying don't stick a Rom file in there and expect that RUU to be able to flash the rom to your device.

kamran5461 06-21-2009 05:21 PM

o ok. i see what u mean. thanks man.
i unzipped the rom file and there is ruu file in there so thats the one i will be using.

kamran5461 06-21-2009 11:09 PM

i just unlocked my phone. thanx to ppcgeeks. and i am on my way to installing mightymike/silence june 21 rom for cdma tp. and i am following the tutorial (General - How To Flash Your Touch Pro)
step 3 says: "then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU) "
just wanna make sure i get this step right... in the might/silence rom folder there are multiple files including the aforementioned RUU_Signed.nbh
...so i just copy that file and paste it into the RUU folder? leave the rest of the files untouched?

buggerritt 06-21-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamran5461 (Post 988931)
i just unlocked my phone. thanx to ppcgeeks. and i am on my way to installing mightymike/silence june 21 rom for cdma tp. and i am following the tutorial (General - How To Flash Your Touch Pro)
step 3 says: "then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU) "
just wanna make sure i get this step right... in the might/silence rom folder there are multiple files including the aforementioned RUU_Signed.nbh
...so i just copy that file and paste it into the RUU folder? leave the rest of the files untouched?

Just extract the Silence Mighty June 21.rar to a a folder, navigate to the folder, run the Custom_RUU.exe that is inside. Of course, this is assuming that you have already unlocked your device.

MordyT 06-21-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamran5461 (Post 988931)

with mighty/silence rom you do not need the other folders and files. everything is included. from a fresh download extract the files (4 unhidden 6 hidden) and click romUpdateUtility and let it work its magic. enjoy

**EDIT** got beaten to it :(

kamran5461 06-22-2009 12:40 AM

ty ty :)

Quote:

with mighty/silence rom you do not need the other folders and files. everything is included. from a fresh download extract the files (4 unhidden 6 hidden) and click romUpdateUtility and let it work its magic. enjoy
so thats what ruu stands for... now i see. learning already.
thanks again guys