PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Big Question Need Help!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72336)

bigtyme11 06-21-2009 05:49 AM

Big Question Need Help!!!

i took mi battery out of my phone to let a friend use it for a minute to make a phone call. but now my phone wont turn on at all and ive used different batteries. soo what to do??

Capsyze 06-21-2009 06:18 AM

Re: Big Question Need Help!!!

Does your phone even charge it back up??
If not try having your friend charge the battery then try again

Oditius 06-21-2009 07:03 AM

I know I am going to get chastised for this, being that I am new here, but...

1) You have stated that you tried several batteries, so knowing that I would believe it isn't the battery.

2) When you took your battery out and gave it to you friend to make a call, did you first shut down the phone?

pulling the battery out of my Blackberry often cured a lot of problems and seemed to be the solution for everything. But the difference between a BB and the WM phone is like day and night. I know you can run into a lot of nasty problems if you do that to a desktop computer. A lot of partial files and the computer can get lost and never load up again. But you stated it won't even start up. No lights, nothing? Hmmm I guess you could try a hard reset. I tried to do a reset that way and couldn't get my fingers to work right. LoL But read the manual, it will tell you how. Other than that I believe someone with a LOT more knowledge in this matter will come forward. After all I am still new to this phone.

skeegcpp 06-21-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capsyze (Post 987751)

the phone is not an alternator, lol...j/p
OP, does ur friend have the same phone?

Mylt1 06-21-2009 08:45 AM

have you tried to press the reset button?

bigtyme11 06-21-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capsyze (Post 987751)
If not try having your friend charge the battery then try again

im going to try that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oditius (Post 987763)
I know I am going to get chastised for this, being that I am new here, but...

1) You have stated that you tried several batteries, so knowing that I would believe it isn't the battery.

2) When you took your battery out and gave it to you friend to make a call, did you first shut down the phone?

yea i did shut it down first..

pulling the battery out of my Blackberry often cured a lot of problems and seemed to be the solution for everything. But the difference between a BB and the WM phone is like day and night. I know you can run into a lot of nasty problems if you do that to a desktop computer. A lot of partial files and the computer can get lost and never load up again. But you stated it won't even start up. No lights, nothing? Hmmm I guess you could try a hard reset. I tried to do a reset that way and couldn't get my fingers to work right. LoL But read the manual, it will tell you how. Other than that I believe someone with a LOT more knowledge in this matter will come forward. After all I am still new to this phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 987781)
the phone is not an alternator, lol...j/p
OP, does ur friend have the same phone?

yea

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 987805)
have you tried to press the reset button?

yea but you cant reset something that isnt on..](*,)

Mylt1 06-21-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtyme11 (Post 987921)
yea but you cant reset something that isnt on..](*,)

um, yeah, you can. just push the button.