PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 11:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

jamaican_sole is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i think my key board is officially dead

i have a sprint tp which ive flashed over to metro, and been using for with no problems for sometime now. recently ive been having problems with laggy text, sticking keys ,and now the keyboard simply doesn't work. i came across a thread that instructed me to open it up and reseat a couple of ribbon cables. while that fixed for a little while, it ended up going out again. i reseated the cables again, but this time it didn't work. backed up my data and tried a hard reset and still no key board.
my question is, are there any online suppliers from which i can purchase a replacement keyboard from?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:20 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: i think my key board is officially dead

You can check the bargain list here on ppcgeek first and then Craigslist for some imperfect ones and you may get lucky, i guess u dont have insurance with your carrier...
Old 06-20-2009, 11:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

im guessin you dont have insurance??? your covered no ques asked, as long as they dont know you opened it... actually you dont need insurance it would be conered under the manfac. warranty even... i had the keyboard go out, and no questions asked sprint tech support issued me a NIB Pro no questions asked..

my suggestion call *2, get tech support, say your keyboard has stopped working completely... they should hook you up, its a known issue apparently, be polite, case u get a jerk on the other end... but its covered regardless...u just dont want them to tell u to go to HTC cuz thatll be 3 weeks b4 u see ur phone again
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

that's the thing guys. even though i'm using a sprint tp, i flashed the phone over to another carrier (metropcs). i no longer have an account with sprint, thats why i was looking into purchasing a replacment keyboard.

Last edited by jamaican_sole; 06-20-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Dude is with Metro Jamaica....
Old 06-20-2009, 11:53 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Dude is with Metro Jamaica....
LMAO

OP, gotcha... im stoned now or Id do the search for you, its been asked here b4 for sure, also just keep trying your luck on google..
Old 06-21-2009, 09:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

so am i to assume that no one online sells replacement part for this phone??
Old 06-21-2009, 09:30 AM
DaFlowMaster

not sure how you came up with your assumption. You buy an old TP and get the part you need...
Old 06-21-2009, 09:44 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

judging by what i have been reading so far, it seems alot of them come down with this problem. i was looking for a new replacement keyboard
Old 06-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i would contact htc seeing that it's a manufacture defect. they should replace the keyboard free although you'll have to mail it to them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro