PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A suggestion for Builders

threads get pretty lengthy...with multiple builds in the same thread.

I think it would be helpful if those wonderful folks building roms and kitchens....would put a link to the breakpoint when a new version comes out.

For example.

v1 starts here
v2 starts on page 15
v25 starts on page 98

This way we could go right to the point in the thread when the new build comes out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:32 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: A suggestion for Builders

I've got too much to think about in porting new sys builds, and making roms for multiple devices to think about anything like that.

It's enough to have to upload and update the post with new screenshots and stuff everytime as it is.

Just go to the last page of a thread and read backwords.

Can we close/move this now?: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925
Old 06-11-2009, 07:35 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

+1 look at the post titles for example, groove and my comments have the title Re: A suggestion for Builders if you were to change the title and then posted, it would be RE: changed title

Old 06-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

That would be nice however you have to remember how much work and time these guys have in making roms and keeping the thread updated with screen shots and change lists. And also there doing this for free. I think time would be used much better on updating things then doing this. What I would like to see is some of the elite builder get together and work in colaboration on a rom.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by j10376 View Post
That would be nice however you have to remember how much work and time these guys have in making roms and keeping the thread updated with screen shots and change lists. And also there doing this for free. I think time would be used much better on updating things then doing this. What I would like to see is some of the elite builder get together and work in colaboration on a rom.
We collaborate all the time. Usually behind the scenes.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

if your to lazy to read the full thread then dont flash the rom lol simple solution....
Old 06-11-2009, 10:25 PM
VIP Member

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
We collaborate all the time. Usually behind the scenes.
very true we do talk to each other maybe not all but we all give out advice to each other but we all have lives and work, go to school, ect then do this on some spare time that we have for free...also search is your best friend
Old 06-11-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Hey, I appreciate all you guys do - I know I don't have the time to even think about building, much less supporting a ROM the way you guys do here. But the OP was just offering up an idea - and a good one at that. indagroove's suggestion to start at the last page and go backwards is ridiculous. Especially if the ROM has been out for a week or more - that could be 100+pages. Mighty and Psyki already do this. They each put a link on the first page where the break point is....funny, I typically use their ROM's too...just a thought.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Hey, I appreciate all you guys do - I know I don't have the time to even think about building, much less supporting a ROM the way you guys do here. But the OP was just offering up an idea - and a good one at that. indagroove's suggestion to start at the last page and go backwards is ridiculous. Especially if the ROM has been out for a week or more - that could be 100+pages. Mighty and Psyki already do this. They each put a link on the first page where the break point is....funny, I typically use their ROM's too...just a thought.
hmm haha i didnt think about a link but that be a very good idea that wound not be so hard to do just a quick reference to the first page when the rom was released.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post

With all the ROMs out there (which are very similar) "competing" for business...it's gonna come down to a customer service question...

It's all moot to me really...I've found my favorite ROM and can't see myself changing.

This is a community...and I put the idea forth because I thought it would help the community.....that's all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro