PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Mighty Rom=the Best Rom>> (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72300)

WAH 06-20-2009 07:37 PM

Mighty Rom=the Best Rom>>

so,after trying out all the major roms,i gotta say,mighty is my favorite.
stable and fast and battery friendly.
thanks to everyone for all u do.i sincerely appreciate it.

jmorton10 06-20-2009 07:41 PM

Re: Mighty Rom=the Best Rom>>

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAH (Post 986958)
so,after trying out all the major roms,i gotta say,.

Merdin's 6.5 is my hands down favorite.

I always tell people to try them out for themselves, nobody else can tell you what the best ROM for your use is.........

~John

WAH 06-20-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 986960)
Merdin's 6.5 is my hands down favorite.

I always tell people to try them out for themselves, nobody else can tell you what the best ROM for your use is.........

~John

yea,i learned that the hard way.
i liked the look of the warrior rom,but it was slow as balls.

kevmo1965 06-20-2009 07:55 PM

IMHO, StarRom works the best!

boredmug 06-20-2009 07:59 PM

StarRom is good as is Mighty.. Mighty was causing me some freezing problems when trying to exit Arcsoft so i had to get rid of it. I've been using Energy Rom lately and must say it is damn good and pretty bug free.

WAH 06-20-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevmo1965 (Post 986972)
IMHO, StarRom works the best!

what about it do u like?

jmorton10 06-20-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAH (Post 986982)
what about it do u like?

I'm curious also, I hate blanket statements like "this ROM is the best" with no explanation whatever.

For me, Merdin's 6.5 is perfect. I absolutely love his custom version of TF Rhodium that not only looks super but it's lightning fast & totally bug free.

I really load my systems with apps & I have yet to install ANYTHING that does not work as it's supposed to with this ROM.

Not only is it a very fast bug free ROM, the battery life is absolutely amazing me.......(this is the best battery life I have ever seen from ANY ROM, 6.1 or 6.5)

~John

WAH 06-20-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 986988)
I'm curious also, I hate blanket statements like "this ROM is the best" with no explanation whatever.

For me, Merdin's 6.5 is perfect. I absolutely love his custom version of TF Rhodium that not only looks super but it's lightning fast & totally bug free.

I really load my systems with apps & I have yet to install ANYTHING that does not work as it's supposed to with this ROM.

Not only is it a very fast bug free ROM, the battery life is absolutely amazing me.......(this is the best battery life I have ever seen from ANY ROM, 6.1 or 6.5)

~John

link me up and ill trey it out right now.

ChaosTheory 06-20-2009 08:12 PM

I agree jmorton and WAH, what exactly is so good? I'm looking to get my first rom :spin: and would like to get peoples opinion on which ROMs they like, but I would like explainations, what they feature, pros, cons, etc.

WAH 06-20-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 986993)
I agree jmorton and WAH, what exactly is so good? I'm looking to get my first rom :spin: and would like to get peoples opinion on which ROMs they like, but I would like explainations, what they feature, pros, cons, etc.

for me,i consider mighty old trusty.
just works fine.no freezing issues.looks decent.stable.thats about it.

Imaginos 06-20-2009 08:23 PM

Great thread idea. We had no other discussions about custom rom popularity right now.

ChaosTheory 06-20-2009 08:25 PM

I'm sure there is, but this one was at the top of the list, so I went with it.

Imaginos 06-20-2009 08:29 PM

Oh, look. Here they all are. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Pick one and grab a box of tissues and some lotion. Show someone your love.

edit - Posting a gush thread and offering nothing to support your opinion is just postcount++
You don't expect to get called on it?

WAH 06-20-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginos (Post 987003)
Great thread idea. We had no other discussions about custom rom popularity right now.

trolling a intraweb cellphone messageboard=for the birds

mlin 06-20-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 986993)

Juicy is MY favotite, but not everyone's obviously. I'm not going to go into all the details because they will sound like all of the others. perhaps you should just try some out for yourself.

Dragon2 06-20-2009 08:40 PM

I also agree that mightys my favorite (6.5 mr5 6-9) but Ive yet to try them all. That being said Juicys sounds awesome and so does merdihn 6.5 rom as well, (I did try a ler release of his and liked it) so, I think its cool how we all have our favorites and if there were just 1 favorite, that would be boring...... GREAT JOBS TO ANY COOK HERE MAKING ROMS FOR US I really appreciate it and will also eventually try your roms im sure..... thanks for your time for it.

WAH 06-20-2009 08:45 PM

i cant find that rom anywhere.

Rourke Swift 06-20-2009 09:12 PM

Honestly, there are very few ROMs I've used that I didn't like. Threads like this are just silly.

WAH 06-20-2009 09:25 PM

can someone please link me to merdins 6.5 rom?
pretty please with sugar on top.

BRIVERS73 06-20-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAH (Post 987086)
can someone please link me to merdins 6.5 rom?
pretty please with sugar on top.

Here ya go

WAH 06-20-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 (Post 987092)

thanks my friend.

ChaosTheory 06-20-2009 09:48 PM

My apologies to those who feel this thread is pointless I am new to this and with so many ROMs out there I was hoping to get some opinions and some more info from a users POV. Since I can't spend all day sifting through everything this looked like a good place to ask. I hope to eventually have the knowledge I am currently seeking and when I do hopefully I will be more friendly to those seeking knowledge than some that I have encountered.

WAH 06-20-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 987117)
My apologies to those who feel this thread is pointless I am new to this and with so many ROMs out there I was hoping to get some opinions and some more info from a users POV. Since I can't spend all day sifting through everything this looked like a good place to ask. I hope to eventually have the knowledge I am currently seeking and when I do hopefully I will be more friendly to those seeking knowledge than some that I have encountered.

no need for appologies.
nobody put a gun to these folks head and made them click this thread.
some folks have nothing better to do/complain about.

WorldWide 06-20-2009 10:13 PM

I've pretty much tried almost every ROM in the upgrades section right now my new favorite is indagrooves 6/17 it's very stable battery life is off the chain and it's prolly being updated as I write this because, well he updates alot! Lol!

WAH 06-20-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worldwide (Post 987150)
I've pretty much tried almost every ROM in the upgrades section right now my new favorite is indagrooves 6/17 it's very stable battery life is off the chain and it's prolly being updated as I write this because, well he updates alot! Lol!

i think im stayin with mighty.
if it aint broke dont fix it right?

Lilhgarcia 06-20-2009 10:16 PM

I Always go back to silence ROM or StarROM

Cant wait for the mighty&Silence ROM

WorldWide 06-20-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilhgarcia1123 (Post 987155)
I Always go back to silence ROM or StarROM

Cant wait for the mighty&Silence ROM

I loved StarROM I wished he updated more.
Quote:

Originally Posted by WAH (Post 987154)
i think im stayin with mighty.
if it aint broke dont fix it right?

If it works for you stick with it.

Genjinaro 06-20-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rourke Swift (Post 987071)
Honestly, there are very few ROMs I've used that I didn't like. Threads like this are just silly.

Too true... Each excelled in their own way. Never had a best ROM. I like switching up a lot, thanks to Sashimi.

codybear 06-20-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

I would say nfsfan's rom..
It's still new, so give it a few more versions, and it will be better than any other if it's even half as good as his vogue rom was compared to the other vogue roms. He's just too good. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginos (Post 987012)
Oh, look. Here they all are. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Pick one and grab a box of tissues and some lotion. Show someone your love.

edit - Posting a gush thread and offering nothing to support your opinion is just postcount++
You don't expect to get called on it?

Precisely my oppinnion too, just postcount.
hah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAH (Post 987126)
no need for appologies.
nobody put a gun to these folks head and made them click this thread.
some folks have nothing better to do/complain about.

on the contrary,
I have a gun to my head right now,
granted it is in my left hand,
and is a squirt gun,
but still, it's a gun. :D

Rourke Swift 06-20-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 987183)
oppinnion

I try really hard to not be a Spelling Nazi on this forum, but this one has me ROFLing pretty bad.

:D

Imaginos 06-20-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 987117)
My apologies..

Not your thread to apologize for. When a subjective thread is started to just pimp a single chef name - without even so much as specifying which OS or version (or build) - it never ends well. I could be wrong, but the OP's sampling of the major roms seems to have been limited to too small a pool. Fortunately, other forumers have pointed out that major roms other than Mike's do actually exist and have linked him to them.

Those roms (and the appropriate threads to worship your beloved chef in) can be found in the upgrade subforum applicable to your phone carrier type.
CDMA: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68
GSM: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Reading up in the threads for all the roms may be time consuming, but learning about which is best for you is worth it.

For the record, I alternate between MR 6.5, Juicy's newest and Starrom. I prefer 6.5 over 6.1 and hope we get some solid builds of the RTM soon. Really would like to give up on 6.1 completely, but it's proven to be more reliable/responsive in my daily use.

cooltech59 06-20-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredmug (Post 986981)
StarRom is good as is Mighty.. Mighty was causing me some freezing problems when trying to exit Arcsoft so i had to get rid of it. I've been using Energy Rom lately and must say it is damn good and pretty bug free.

Yeah Energy rom is sweet but if you go to flash to a different rom you might have to flash back to a stock rom first. I tried the Energy rom then decided to try another and one of the Energy welcome screens still came up. The only way I got rid of it was flashing back to Sprint stock rom then reflashing another one.

info[]box1 06-21-2009 12:05 AM

in the past i used a mighty rom i believe it was the 4.5 blackout for my sprint touch diamond...it looked great but it didnt actually do what i needed at that time...ended up going with juicy 4.7 which did the task at the time...i was very impressed with both roms nothing bad to say about them of course it mighty and juicy...i only flashed a rom twice in my life so that makes me a nobody round there i guess...

i would like to find one final version rom to flash my newly purchased my first sprint touch pro which was a early father's day gift might i add...i dont want to flash more than once but being realistic ill go it two or three times...i dont think i have to explain what im exactly looking for...its the same thing everyone else is looking for stability, speed, looks, battery, custom taskbar etc...

i was looking for a thread something like this one...to see what the mass of the people thought bout the roms that are in circulation...especially with all the deluxe 6.1 and 6.5 editions out now...based on the knowledge of those that flashed the best of the best ROMs...

i say all that to ask this...

IF YOU HAD ONE FLASH TO EXECUTE WHICH ROM WOULD IT BE..?

i know this a question among questions...but please guy...i will hang around thread for a few posts, hours, maybe days...and i will take every reply seriously...TIA

p.s. my device sprint touch pro

notrock 06-21-2009 01:18 AM

I find that the best rom is the rom you make.

codybear 06-21-2009 02:24 AM

I find that the best rom is the rom that Nfsfan makes. :D:D:D

sp0nge 06-21-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Agreed hands down!!

WAH 06-21-2009 03:10 PM

i had to get rid of icontact.
that program was causing all kinds of problems.thigs are good again though.

Sporkman 06-21-2009 03:28 PM

why is this not locked this is going to turn bad just like the last 20 +

WAH 06-21-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporkman (Post 988269)
why is this not locked this is going to turn bad just like the last 20 +

does this really bother u?
if so,seek help.

Sporkman 06-21-2009 03:31 PM

nope i just don't want to see a flame war ! just like the other 20 have done IMHO the best rom is what EVER one you use and continue to use

Imho no need to start a new pst each time keep it in the ROM makers topic