PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   activesync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72281)

bamf77 06-20-2009 04:36 PM

activesync

activesync wont sync my contacts, calender, etc.

I've been trying to fix this for a while now and it just wont work, following all the instructions that i found online but nothing seems to work. Activesync just keeps telling me to install outlook when its already installed!!!

Do any of you know a fix for this bc i really want to sync my contacts and upgrade from my ancient rom!!!

thanks guys

lilbitz_1018 06-20-2009 05:15 PM

Re: activesync

you can use another program to sync such as sprite or dashwire. those will sync your contacts and can replace them after a flash.

GL

Sporkman 06-20-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamf77 (Post 986736)
activesync wont sync my contacts, calender, etc.

I've been trying to fix this for a while now and it just wont work, following all the instructions that i found online but nothing seems to work. Activesync just keeps telling me to install outlook when its already installed!!!

Do any of you know a fix for this bc i really want to sync my contacts and upgrade from my ancient rom!!!

thanks guys

what version of outlook ?

bamf77 06-20-2009 05:52 PM

its 2007

but im using dashwire now!!!
omfg this thing is amazinggg
thanks a million lilbitz!!!

if i flash a new rom and sync, will it put my contacts and other things back on or will it do the other way around?

lilbitz_1018 06-20-2009 05:58 PM

youre welcome and yes its amazing! lol

when you reflash. run the cab again and log in and it will run your pics and stuff back from the dashwire server to your phone. so the answer is everything being backed up will be replaced...minus the texts (they're only stored on the server)

ChaosTheory 06-20-2009 06:03 PM

I just started use Microsoft My Phone, and it works really well thus far, keeping a complete list of contacts, appointments, tasks, and all photos and documents stored in the My Documents folder. Plus it keeps a copy of the texts you have on your phone!

Oh, and you can log in on a computer and add contacts, appointments and tasks, and next time you update it syncs it with your phone!

EDIT * Woo hoo My first Thanks! :-D

lilbitz_1018 06-20-2009 06:06 PM

Thats exactly what Dashwire does [=
from the website you can even send and receive texts even if you're not around your phone.
As you take a pic it pops up in dashwire. same with texting.

Sporkman 06-20-2009 06:09 PM

Dashwire is freaking HOT !

ChaosTheory 06-20-2009 06:19 PM

Sounds like I might have to give dashwire a try:salute: do you happen to have a link?

lilbitz_1018 06-20-2009 06:24 PM

www.dashwire.com

the same from the phones mobile browser and it will install the cab