PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 09:08 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Question about Asurion

its a 300 dollar non return fee now, not 200... also sprint cant tell u what asurion is sending you... if you do your claim yourself with asurion, youll get 3 emails.. 2 will say summary,and itll just say that a UTStarcom 6850 is coming...the 3rd email says "confirmation" this is the one you want... it will say UTStarcom 6850 fully kitted new if its a brand new one... i got 2 NIB pros in the mail for 50bucks each from asurion just 2 days ago, it was for claims on Moguls though... but "fully kitted new" is what your looking for...
Claim Summary

Date Claim Filed:06/18/2009
Replacement Model:HTC 6850 Touch Pro new fully kitted CK
Shipping Method:Next Day
Shipping Address:
Non-Refundable Deductible:$50.00 (Billed to your Sprint invoice)
Shipping Fee:$0.00
Total Fees:$0.00

Thanks for letting us serve you!
Asurion

PLEASE NOTE: This is an auto-generated email and cannot be responded to.

looks like this
Old 06-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

"its a 300 dollar non return fee now, not 200... also sprint cant tell u what asurion is sending youits a 300 dollar non return fee now, not 200... also sprint cant tell u what asurion is sending you"

Nope still 200$, Dont ask us anything about Asurion's shipping or anything we sill send you right to asurion's website, totally different company. You do have to send the old device abck and if it's a refurb you will just get a box and a phone. Lucky if you get the damn battery, Make sure you take your sd card back too.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

"The Proof Is In The Pudding"

sprint: Return Instructions:
As a friendly reminder, please be sure to return your defective phone to us within 15
days to avoid a non-refundable charge to your Sprint account of $50 - $200, depending on
the phone model.

asurion: the sites down for some reason on every link i click, this is right out of the ausrion PDF i found though
• If you receive your replacement device through the mail,
a pre-paid envelope with return shipping instructions can
be found in your fulfillment packaging. Damaged equipment
must be returned within 15 days after receiving your
replacement equipment. Failure to return damaged
equipment may result in the assessment of a non-return fee
of up to $300.

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 06-21-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: took out my badmouthing of the poster above me
Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

back when the touch pros were backordered from sprint they had me go through asurion and issue credits for my account, i got 2 new touch pros that way and returned my old ones (i kept the batteries too) and got brand new retail kits. recently my wife lost her touch pro and after a week of looking for it we gave up so i called them up and told them it was lost, they sent me a brand new retail kit overnight after paying the (now) $100 deductible, i dont know who told you its $50 but its $100 for any smartphones now

in the past i used esrp to replace a defective tp and i got sent a refurb, no problems with the refurb except that the lower call/end buttons click loudly but its been working just fine since i had it, unless i loose it i wont need to call asurion, if u break your phone or drop it in the toilet and tell them that they will just send u a bare phone (and perhaps a battery depending on the situation if its bad), if u tell them u lost it then they have to at least send a complete phone and battery and it just depends on their current inventory if u will get a new box or a refurb set

Old 06-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
if u tell them u lost it then they have to at least send a complete phone and battery and it just depends on their current inventory if u will get a new box or a refurb set

Yeah all that stuff is computer generated, At least for Sprint it is if you get a new one your one of the lucky ones. Most likely your going to get a refurb, which in my mind is that same as a brand new one except you dont get no accessories.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:50 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
i dont know who told you its $50 but its $100 for any smartphones now
umm,asurion told me it was $50, but thanks for asking, please read http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...88&postcount=6
Old 06-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
umm,asurion told me it was $50, but thanks for asking, please read http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...88&postcount=6
Trust me he's right check out sprint website http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se...services.shtml He must og gotten lucky it's 100 bucks for Smaties, 50 for bs phones. You try filing a claim and see how much they charge you. If I remember correctly it 888-584-3666 call them up and see if they charge you. If that's not Asurion then it must be financial services, I work to damn much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro