PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TouchPro Internet sharing question. Please help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72241)

keechi24 06-20-2009 12:41 AM

TouchPro Internet sharing question. Please help

I am using the internet sharing on my touch pro. Will sprint charge me for using it as internet source for my laptop? I don't want to get a 500.00 dollar bill for using this. Any help would really be appriciated. Thanks.

ps It is really fast.

Giovanny 06-20-2009 12:42 AM

Re: TouchPro Internet sharing question. Please help

Quote:

Originally Posted by keechi24 (Post 985829)
I am using the internet sharing on my touch pro. Will sprint charge me for using it as internet source for my laptop? I don't want to get a 500.00 dollar bill for using this. Any help would really be appriciated. Thanks.

ps It is really fast.

do you have a data plan???

keechi24 06-20-2009 12:45 AM

Yeah I have the unlimited data plan.

Giovanny 06-20-2009 12:46 AM

Sprint will not charge you. You're good to go!! I use it a lot too.

keechi24 06-20-2009 12:51 AM

Thanks man. This is awsome

Giovanny 06-20-2009 12:53 AM

What I did was cancel internet home services and that is one less bill I have to pay.

tx_dbs_tx 06-20-2009 08:14 AM

There are plenty of threads on this topic. I am assuming you have flashed a custom rom? If so then it is very likely that internet sharing feature has been pre hacked to work. Don't go downloading torrents,movies,large gb files, etc or p2p file sharing or you will increase the chances of having your account reviewed due to excessive data usage. Other than that, if you are able to connect your phone to your pc and connect then you are good to go. Rev A data is the bomb!

WarChild 06-20-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx (Post 986101)
There are plenty of threads on this topic. I am assuming you have flashed a custom rom? If so then it is very likely that internet sharing feature has been pre hacked to work. Don't go downloading torrents,movies,large gb files, etc or p2p file sharing or you will increase the chances of having your account reviewed due to excessive data usage. Other than that, if you are able to connect your phone to your pc and connect then you are good to go. Rev A data is the bomb!

He is correct here, there is always a chance they could find out but I have never head of anyone getting their account canned for it although very possible. I use it all the time to stream movies and because of my job I do a lot of training in a lot of different places so it has been a very good, simple answer to my problem. He is also correct about there being topics on this issue aswell. +1 for the info.

c4400 06-21-2009 02:46 AM

My Internet Sharing has always worked right out of the box. no hacking or special cab installed. *shrug*