PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi when connected to computer

OK, when I first got my phone I would still connect to my WiFi even when I had my TP connected to my computer via USB. At some point I found a setting when I could turn that off, and now I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it back! Also, I know you can tether the phone via the computer it is hooked up to, how do you go about doing that?

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2009, 07:56 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Wifi when connected to computer

1. depending on your laptop/pc OS / find setting on active sync that lets the TP establish connect to the net while conected via USB
2. Use Intenet sharing Service ICS- look up wimowifirouter/look in tp essentials for ICS hack
I wil dig up some links via search
post 11 here has couple inks that may get u started
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72253&page=2
Old 06-20-2009, 08:41 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

for ICS, i hook up usb to my comp, run ICS, let it tell me to check the connection, then plug in my phone, now ICS can run b4 active sync even thinks about trying to connect..

for wmwifi, you turn it on, use wifi to usb setting(bottom row, 1st icon), let it load up, then connect the device to the comp...

thats how ive done it, and continue to do it..... i have an older comp without wifi capabilities on it..
Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

So I figured out the problem When I originally connected I first installed Windows Mobile Device center on my computer, and that allowed me to use the internet. Since then I haven't connected to that computer, and just allowed Vista to automatically install the device. Apparently that does not allow a connection. Once I installed Mobile Center on the computer it worked fine.

I did figure out the setting that I was referring to. Under Settings>Connections>USB to PC under Active Sync there is a check box that says Enable advanced network functionality that I had unchecked. That wasn't the cause of my problem, but that is what I originally thought it might be (not sure what exactly that box does actually).

Bored - By wmwifi are you referring to the WiFi built in? If so I have no icon that says wifi to usb, just a USB to PC icon and a separate WiFi icon. But thanks for your help!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:28 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

wmwifi is an application of its own...
http://www.wmwifirouter.com/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks HB, I thought that might be what you were talking about. Don't think I will be getting that program anytime soon, as I don't use data
Old 06-22-2009, 03:54 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

dont use ics if u dont have a data plan, youll get charged.... only thing u could do without a data plan is connect to a hotspot first then run either ics or wmwifi

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro