PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   2 Issues that have always bugged me... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72237)

Alpine- 06-19-2009 11:00 PM

2 Issues that have always bugged me...

Perhaps these have been solved by now. Last time I searched they were still unresolved (its been a while).

1. BT headset makes annoying sound on Callers end when you pick up "if" Vibrate AND Ring is enabled in Winmo settings. If you set it to Ring only or Vibrate THEN Ring, it goes away. It is very annoying to callers. It is sort of a silly bug but it makes sense that if the phone is vibrating when it picks up this turns up as feedback I suppose. Unless its purely a software bug. This exists with stock Sprint ROMS as well, its not just a Custom ROM thing. I don't think headset matters much.

2. Opera is obviously superior to pocket IE. However, I have all of my favorites like I want (and synched) in IE from way before using Opera. I have not ever been able to get ALL of them re-added in Opera and the thought of it sounds downright annoying. Surely there is some way to easily and neatly IMPORT Winmo's PIE favorite bookmarks into Opera. Is there not a cab or something yet? I seem to recall only one solution that required and extensive list of manual steps to get it somewhat imported.

Thanks in advance to any members with input on these annoyances. :D

mondaypickle 06-20-2009 10:20 AM

Re: 2 Issues that have always bugged me...

The opera 9.7 beta seems to import pocket IE favorite on installation. Don't know of a way with 9.5.

WarChild 06-20-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondaypickle (Post 986184)
The opera 9.7 beta seems to import pocket IE favorite on installation. Don't know of a way with 9.5.

agreed, and I have the new Altec Lansing stereo headphones and have never had a problem with then making any noise. hummm

jmorton10 06-20-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 986189)
agreed, and I have the new Altec Lansing stereo headphones and have never had a problem with then making any noise. hummm

I've never had that problem either & I use a Motorola S-9 HD headset.

How do you like those Altec's??

~John

WarChild 06-20-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 986194)
I've never had that problem either & I use a Motorola S-9 HD headset.

How do you like those Altec's??

~John

they are cool but I had lost one of the ear buds and they are a pain to replace they aren't a normal shape/size. you cant even buy them from Altec yet but I emailed them and they just sent me replacements. It was pretty cool of them. Great sound if I had to sum it up.