PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PFCRadio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does Skybook Work With The TP?

I installed skybook today and read the instructions more than once here http://www.magnifoca.com/download_skybook.html and even tryed to copy the Equifax to my phone (not sure if I did it right) also changed my facebook login info and still doesnt work. Says error connected. Are you guys having same issues with Skybook?
Old 06-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Does Skybook Work With The TP?

I've had no difficulty using Skybook on my TP. Didn't need to "copy the Equifax to my phone," though.

You did go to your Facebook login on your computer (not your phone) to enable Skybook access, right?

Even though it works on my phone, I've uninstalled Skybook in favor of the MS Facebook client. I find it's quicker, eats less battery, and integrates better with Facebook than Skybook.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Lurker

RP31 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
Even though it works on my phone, I've uninstalled Skybook in favor of the MS Facebook client. I find it's quicker, eats less battery, and integrates better with Facebook than Skybook.
This.

I had Skybook installed on my phone and found that some times it would throw an error when I tried to log in, and I was unable to log in again until performing a soft reset. BS. Finally got sick of it and installed the MS Facebook client. Sooo much better! Haven't had any errors with it, and I do like the GUI and integration much more than Skybook.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PFCRadio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP31 View Post
This.

I had Skybook installed on my phone and found that some times it would throw an error when I tried to log in, and I was unable to log in again until performing a soft reset. BS. Finally got sick of it and installed the MS Facebook client. Sooo much better! Haven't had any errors with it, and I do like the GUI and integration much more than Skybook.
Exactly what I did. I allowed access and everything ad still gave me issues so I moved on.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

How does skybook work for sync'ing facebook friends profile pictures to your phone contacts? I use the microsoft facebook app., but would like to sync the pics so skybook would be nice to use for that feature only.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
How does skybook work for sync'ing facebook friends profile pictures to your phone contacts?
OK, I suppose. You could also use BookSync, which is dedicated to precisely this task.

I've never figured out why I would want to use FB profile pics as contact pics on my phone, anyway. Most of my FB friends use profile pics of their kids, pets, cars, favorite actors/bands/teams/anime, etc. rather than of themselves. I reckon if I don't have a picture of the person and can't ask them for one, I don't know them well enough for a contact pic to be useful to me anyway.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I never heard of booksync I'll check that out. As far as why I want to do this, ...just because I can.

off topic @ mstevens - new hampshire hey..? I used to live in Sandown, NH.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

currently using skybook to sync my contact pictures with facebook contacts. It works pretty well. I tried booksync but I had to go through each friend on facebook and manually select them to update, where as skybook, does it automatically, only updates pics with friends on facebook.

I was reading a thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70821 see post 7 where they talk about an integrated feature in TouchFlo.

I'm currently using Mighty5's Rom and haven't come across that option.

Am about to flash to SAC Warrior, i thought I saw him mention something about this feature in is change log.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Im having that exact issue...it worked for me on the vogue but I cant get it to connect at all on my tp

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro