PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG VS750 (Fathom)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Walt is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After ROM Flash... getting things back to normal

I am not asking about how to flash. I have found good info on that.

What I am wondering is how get all the apps and zillions of settings back to my "normal".

What's holding me back from attempting a flash, is what appears to be all the work to get my TP back. I spent months tweaking everything from Themes and Today settings, to my email account settings, to loading all my apps and then getting all their options and settings just right.

I hate to start all that, all over again. Is there some app that you all use, that could help with this? I know, and use, PIM Backup, that only saves data (email, contacts, etc), not globally save all my settings (right?).
Old 06-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: After ROM Flash... getting things back to normal

Try this for your cabs.....
Old 06-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Try Sashimi. (You need to get an account there to be able to download it. We are not allowed to post copies of that program here, but it's free.) It can probably do everything you need and then some. I use it after every ROM flash.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Try Sashimi. (You need to get an account there to be able to download it. We are not allowed to post copies of that program here, but it's free.) It can probably do everything you need and then some. I use it after every ROM flash.
QFT ! i lll try the app linked above anyone got the newest cab im sick of joining peoples sites just to download a cab

Last edited by Sporkman; 06-19-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

its worth to join that site.
there's tons of info on how to set it up and do waht you need/want it too.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
its worth to join that site.
there's tons of info on how to set it up and do waht you need/want it too.
naa im sick of joining other sites just to dowmnload a cab file that the MAKER posted on another win mobile site :/ just to drive accounts to his site
Old 06-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
naa im sick of joining other sites just to dowmnload a cab file that the MAKER posted on another win mobile site :/ just to drive accounts to his site
It used to be posted on another site and was removed because of issues with that site that did not involve having any of your personal information. The maker of the product does not want to have to deal with it being posted other places and the issues that came with that. Which is why he does things the way he does now. Via his own site and if you don't like the rules don't use it.

You can always get a free e-mail account most anywhere if that's your concern. If you refuse because you think the maker is somehow plotting something underhanded, I'd suggest you not use the application at all. I'm SURE he could gain far more from you having his application installed and doing things to it for his personal advantage than you giving him an e-mail address at his web site. I mean if he's up to something underhanded, he could probably harvest every e-mail address on our devices. So you may want to avoid Sashimi all together if you feel the maker is out to work you over.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro