PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What The Hell Battery disabled Keyboard?!?!?!

i just got up to happly reply my texts and when i press down my keyboard wasnt working i hard reset it and everything and nothing i just switched batteries and boom the keyboard works again could it have been my battery messing with my keyboard??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 07-29-2009, 05:37 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: What The Hell Battery disabled Keyboard?!?!?!

put the other battery back in and see if the problem is still there....
Old 07-29-2009, 05:38 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

its not likely, since the TP has very well know issues with the KB and the ribbon getting messed up
Old 07-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yeah, the phenomenon you're experiencing has to do with the construction of the Touch Pro.

The keyboard's ribbon cable is quite literally right behind the battery compartment and the only thing separating the two is a flimsy piece of metal that easily flexes to <sarcasm> quite conveniently </sarcasm> pop the cable off of its connector and thus disabling your keyboard.

The issue you most likely experienced was a slight mis-seating of the cable and when you removed the first battery to replace it with the other, the cable set itself back into the connector.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro