PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

narcisis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to narcisis Send a message via AIM to narcisis
Anyone ever needed a repair, but they already flashed another ROM?

Hey guys, I was wondering has anyone had to get a replacement or repair done on their TP after changing the ROM, and I assume, voiding the insurance contract (if that even applies if you go to the store for a repair)? I need to drop by the Sprint store to get mine fixed, or swapped with another but the stock rom clearly isn't on it anymore. Wondering if I should try to switch back to stock.. dunno.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish
Re: Anyone ever needed a repair, but they already flashed another ROM?

Switch back...if you are having problems and they see another ROM on the phone they will automatically say that is the issue. Don't give them a reason to give you grief!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Flash back to stock, you will have to relock it as well...You can find the Sprint ROM here & Relocker here
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

narcisis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedfish View Post
Switch back...if you are having problems and they see another ROM on the phone they will automatically say that is the issue. Don't give them a reason to give you grief!
Yea this is what I was thinking! I hate that.
"OH HERE'S THE PROBLEM RIGHT HERE, YOU HACKED IT"

...I cant stand them I swear.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:11 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its all business, techs get charged back if they send a phone back that isnt under the Sprint guidelines. They (even though im a tech, i dont group myself with most of them) cant troubleshoot the way Sprint wants them to if the ROM isnt stock, because maybe, just maybe, there is something that the custom ROM is messing up. i know i know, what are the odds cooked ROMs could screw something up more than stock, but im just going on what I was trained, versus what i have learned here.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

narcisis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
its all business, techs get charged back if they send a phone back that isnt under the Sprint guidelines. They (even though im a tech, i dont group myself with most of them) cant troubleshoot the way Sprint wants them to if the ROM isnt stock, because maybe, just maybe, there is something that the custom ROM is messing up. i know i know, what are the odds cooked ROMs could screw something up more than stock, but im just going on what I was trained, versus what i have learned here.
You're a tech? Hm.. could I get a little insight from you on this problem for a second? Just trying to figure out if its something that can be fixed in store, or will they have to ship me one. The screen on my TP just started flickering and jumping around, it's pretty unusable at times. I've head it could be the battery, then I heard they would have to swap screens, then it's just plain bad, etc. . etc..

Any ideas?
Old 06-19-2009, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT PAYS ME

dashiot is keeping up the good workdashiot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
I can back you (nxtech3) on this, i'm a tech myself and i'm basically the WM Expert as you could put it for my store. Before I went to the Tech-Side, they would instantly reject and service to a moded/flashed phone. So trust me, FLASH BACK TO STOCK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcisis View Post
You're a tech? Hm.. could I get a little insight from you on this problem for a second? Just trying to figure out if its something that can be fixed in store, or will they have to ship me one. The screen on my TP just started flickering and jumping around, it's pretty unusable at times. I've head it could be the battery, then I heard they would have to swap screens, then it's just plain bad, etc. . etc..

Any ideas?
From my point, I would just replace the phone unless I knew I had a definate working LCD/keyboard. Good chance is they will just order you a recon/reman.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

narcisis is a n00b

Hm.. wellp, time to find out how to flash back to stock. Then I gotta find a stock ROM somewhere.. argh.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Flash back to stock, you will have to relock it as well...You can find the Sprint ROM here & Relocker here
Someone has already done the leg work for you...
Old 06-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

I just got my refurb repair. Mine was a physical problem (raised button issue, so bad the buttons stopped working).

I ended up reflashing the Stock Telus rom, the Telus radio, and relocking it, even though it definitely wasn't a rom problem. I don't think they'll have any issues with it going back

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro