PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New Pro with Stock. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72124)

Exil3d 06-19-2009 01:08 AM

New Pro with Stock.

Hey.. it woul be nice to have a thread with all the updated cabs of everything stock on the PRO. A example would be the updated Youtube app. The one that scrolls correctly. Anyone care to post a link to that?

I have decided to go RAMBO on Stock. I tried tons of roms and found nice things about them and all but also lots and few bugs in all.... So now.. I want to give good ol stock a try.:drunken:

madcook 06-19-2009 01:11 AM

Re: New Pro with Stock.

say what

jmy72 06-19-2009 01:17 AM

what about the Touch Pro Essential Programs thread? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59292

psycho_maniac 06-19-2009 05:16 PM

wow really? the main thing i like about cooked roms is the updated 6.1. one annoying thing i had on my stock alltel rom on the 6.1 they provide is when i got a notification while on the phone it would play 2 tones at once. now with the new rom i use (newest 6.1 i believe) i only get one tone.

oppman 06-19-2009 07:57 PM

I think you ARE INDEED Lost and Confused JUST LIKE your reputation says lol .
I used the stock rom for a while ands its super slow!!! and i dont know about reliable... i had mongul flashbacks!!

myhollowworld2 06-19-2009 08:42 PM

I can agree with the OP. Stability is what I rely on, more than speed. The other thing I noticed about custom roms is, whenever I try to show someone something on my phone, that's when all the bugs seem to happen. I know it's just a coincidence, but it makes me look like an ***. Not to mention I can't explain to most normal people that my rom is buggy because it's cooked and not an official...They don't get that kind of stuff. We're on a whole level of geekiness

sparkplug619 06-19-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhollowworld2 (Post 985463)
They don't get that kind of stuff. We're on a whole level of geekiness

that made me lol for a second

Exil3d 06-23-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhollowworld2 (Post 985463)
I can agree with the OP. Stability is what I rely on, more than speed. The other thing I noticed about custom roms is, whenever I try to show someone something on my phone, that's when all the bugs seem to happen. I know it's just a coincidence, but it makes me look like an ***. Not to mention I can't explain to most normal people that my rom is buggy because it's cooked and not an official...They don't get that kind of stuff. We're on a whole level of geekiness

Ya.. thats where I stand. I tried pretty much tried all custom roms and some have shown better scrolling fluidness on opera 9.5 and a few other app's. but other than that I really have not seen any other major improvements. Just slight here and there. One thing is for sure. Custom roms sure do have a few bit more bugs than stock. And yes.. I have been there. I am showing my ppc to some friends and i swear the freaking thing either hangs or some of the graphics look funny until I soft reset. One thing for sure about custom roms............ we do get to play with alpha and beta released of ppc MS OS's. lol. Thats fun.......

Well.. anyways.... I have been running on stock for over 5 days and I love it. lol. Feels a hell of a lot solid. Almost feels like.... weird. Almost like its a actual working ppc. lol. But again... keep making customs... its worth playing with them....

superorca 06-24-2009 09:42 AM

Acutally I found that my phone became more solid and reliable (not to mention the battery lasting longer) when I flashed to MightyROM4, and now I'm running MR5 which is not quite as stable (beta version of WM 6.5...I have the build from 5-08-09), but that was my choice....I'll be flashing to an updated and more solid one soon. But hey, that's why there's choices...because everyone wants something different on their phone, and I respect that. ROMs aren't one-size-fits-all, so choose the one that's right for you. Sounds like I'm promoting Linux when I say that too...