PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tweak812 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disabling in call notifications

Hello all,

As the title suggests I am trying to figure out how to disable text, alarm, mail, appointment notifications while I am in a phone call. It never fails that I get a text during the middle of a phone call and recieve what seems like a 5 second long noise that prevents me from speaking or hearing anything. Very frustrating as I often miss key information in a phone call and have to ask for a repeat.

I know this is probably so simple that I am going to bang my head against a wall, but I have looked everywhere under settings and notifications and seem to be overlooking it. I am using a Touch Pro on Sprint with the MightyROM 4.16.

Thanks,
Tweak
Old 06-17-2009, 03:01 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Disabling in call notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak812 View Post
Hello all,

As the title suggests I am trying to figure out how to disable text, alarm, mail, appointment notifications while I am in a phone call. It never fails that I get a text during the middle of a phone call and recieve what seems like a 5 second long noise that prevents me from speaking or hearing anything. Very frustrating as I often miss key information in a phone call and have to ask for a repeat.

I know this is probably so simple that I am going to bang my head against a wall, but I have looked everywhere under settings and notifications and seem to be overlooking it. I am using a Touch Pro on Sprint with the MightyROM 4.16.

Thanks,
Tweak

maybe turn down the system volume. I have no clue.lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Are you scrolling thru the drop down menu in notifications and unchecking all that apply?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tweak812 is a n00b

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately both of these disable or silence all notifications both in and out of phone calls. I guess it is a quick fix but i wish i wouldn't have to flip on and off.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:47 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

do u have real ring tones set for your messages or something...i use the stock alarms: alarm 1 for email and alarm 3 for txts, both r very short not very nticeable tones when in a phone call, each is just a fraction of a second for the tone... can try that
Old 06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Had this trouble when I was using 6.1, but now that I only us WM 6.5 it only like chimes or beeps once at me, I was very frustrated by that too before.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

While these are somewhat good suggestions, i really wish people would try NOT to post unless they can answer the question. I would like to know how also, but i cant take time to read pointless posts about someone else using a diff op sys that has a shorter ringtone for an event since im starting from an RSS reader in the first place.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
While these are somewhat good suggestions, i really wish people would try NOT to post unless they can answer the question. I would like to know how also, but i cant take time to read pointless posts about someone else using a diff op sys that has a shorter ringtone for an event since im starting from an RSS reader in the first place.

Sometimes a different path will lead to the same goal. The idea here is to help in whatever way you can. I welcome all comments in my posts as long as the intention is good.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tweak812 is a n00b

Yes I do appreciate everbody commenting and providing suggestions, at the very least it keeps the thread alive, so that somebody who knows all the way can provide an answer.

As it stands, I have tried the different suggestions, except switching to 6.5 as my company software doesn't work with it yet. Surprisingly, turning off all notifications, changing sounds, silencing the system does absolutely nothing to ending this problem. Anybody know a reg hack to remove it? I am not afraid to go in there but I have no idea what I am doing or looking for.

But again I do appreciate everybody's efforts and help.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

um, try the program called phoneweaver. You can set up a quick profile that you can toggle (or maybe automatically toggle) when in a call or meeting, etc. I have quite a few profiles setup, 1 that automatically occurs at 11pm at night that mutes everything but the phone ringer itself. I have one that mutes during meetings too.

Just a thought.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro