PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint TP on Verizon (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72104)

jackfrost 06-18-2009 08:40 PM

Sprint TP on Verizon

So I have an activated Sprint touch pro on the verizon network... it works great, but the rom I originally installed after getting it activated on verizon isn't very stable, and I want to change roms.

While searching for the Verizon settings files, I came across the original thread that I used to activate the phone... and saw that it no longer works.

My question is: can i upgrade roms, and is there something I need to make sure not to do / to do to ensure that my phone stays working?

Thanks

P.S. is there a specific thread/location where the most current verizon settings files are?

8notime 06-18-2009 09:26 PM

Re: Sprint TP on Verizon

I've flashed Mighty's (my preference) and Juicy's ROM's without losing the Verizon phone programming. Flash away.

jmorton10 06-18-2009 10:15 PM

I have probably flashed one of my Sprint/Verizon TP's 20 times with no problem.

I am runnning Merdin's 6.5 right now & it's amazing.

~John

Rourke Swift 06-18-2009 11:53 PM

I might have to leave Alltel for Verizon soon, is the process of activating a different carrier's TP on Verizon very complicated?

skruff77 06-19-2009 12:03 AM

ya i have flashed mine tons of time. from juicys to mightrom.

jackfrost 06-19-2009 03:44 AM

Ok, thanks.

Didnt want to mess up my phone and end up with a Verizon touch pro, considering how verizon loves to screw up phones.

aarondeep 06-19-2009 04:04 AM

I would just avoid shipped roms like verizon/sprint stock roms and other carrier specific Roms.

gator2k83 06-19-2009 04:40 AM

I have also heard if you do a clear storage from within the rom that you will loose your verizon settings that r stored in epst.

If you need to do a hard reset after flashing to a diff rom use the button combo to hard reset, power + vol down + center d-pad + soft reset hold all down for @ least 5 sec. A gray screen will come up with blue text telling you what to press to restore.

jmorton10 06-19-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator2k83 (Post 984149)
I have also heard if you do a clear storage from within the rom that you will loose your verizon settings that r stored in epst.

If you need to do a hard reset after flashing to a diff rom use the button combo to hard reset, power + vol down + center d-pad + soft reset hold all down for @ least 5 sec. A gray screen will come up with blue text telling you what to press to restore.

This is true, that happened to me once.

I made the mistake of doing the "clear storage" thing while I was running the leaked Verizon ROM. I didn't know any better at the time & thought it was exactly the same thing as a hard reset.

When it was finished, I had to redo a bunch of the EPST settings which wouldn't have happened from a hard reset using the hardware buttons.

~John