PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bds120 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone Drop there TP in Water?

Did it work after it dried out? Accidentally had mine in pants in wash machine. Caught it before the entire cycle but it did get submerged real good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/TP2/Moment

DaddieDiesel is keeping up the good workDaddieDiesel is keeping up the good workDaddieDiesel is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to DaddieDiesel
Re: Anyone Drop there TP in Water?

If you think thats your the only one take a look at this thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71223
Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

even if it does work, you might as well put your claim in now, you certainly triggered the water damage sticker, so if you have probs down the road, their gonna notice the water damage sticker...

if you have insurance, goto www.phoneclaim.com to do your asurion claim, itll only cost ya $50bucks still, and u can apply it to your phonebill even..

sorry to hear about your situation btw
Old 06-18-2009, 09:58 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

50 bux is long gone, it is 100 now
Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120 View Post
Did it work after it dried out? Accidentally had mine in pants in wash machine. Caught it before the entire cycle but it did get submerged real good.
Yikes mate. Not trying to be a downer, but I would be really surprised if it recovers. Keep us posted... and +1 as my condolences....
Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
i just did 2 in 2 days from asurion, i have 4 lines... it was 50 each... even put a thread out about how i was shocked it was 50bucks

Thank you for contacting Asurion. Our mission is to help you reconnect with your world quickly, easily and at a cost far less than what you�d pay for a new device!

Your claimed Mobile # 734-
To check the status of your claim, click here. Enter your Wireless Number.
For contact information, click here and choose your wireless provider.
As a reminder, you can access any necessary forms, documents or contact numbers on www.PhoneClaim.com

Claim Summary

Date Claim Filed:06/18/2009
Replacement Model:HTC 6850 Touch Pro new fully kitted CK
Shipping Method:Next Day
Shipping Non-Refundable Deductible:$50.00 (Billed to your Sprint invoice)
Shipping Fee:$0.00
Total Fees:$0.00

Thanks for letting us serve you!
Asurion

PLEASE NOTE: This is an auto-generated email and cannot be responded to.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

and #2 Thank you for contacting Asurion. Our mission is to help you reconnect with your world quickly, easily and at a cost far less than what you’d pay for a new device!
Your claimed Mobile # 734-
To check the status of your claim, click here. Enter your Wireless Number.
For contact information, click here and choose your wireless provider.
As a reminder, you can access any necessary forms, documents or contact numbers on www.PhoneClaim.com
Claim Summary
Date Claim Filed:6/17/2009
Replacement Model:UT STARCOM 6850
Shipping Method:Express (Free)
Shipping Address:
Non-Refundable Deductible:$50.0(Billed to your Sprint invoice)
Shipping Fee:$0(Billed to your Sprint invoice)
Total Fees:$50.0
Thanks for letting us serve you!
Asurion
PLEASE NOTE: This is an auto-generated email and cannot be responded to.

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 06-18-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:40 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

That wil be gr8 if they decreased the deductible, one thing for sure they didnt send isht as notice. You would think that they would, oh well glad it was only 50 for ya, and my condolences too for your Wet Teeppee
Old 06-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
I thought it went up to $100 myself, but we got a letter in the mail from Assurion saying that it wasn't going to increase to $100 until August 1st. I am pretty sure it said the 1st, just got it like a week and a half ago, already tossed it though lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

i dunno why its only 50bucks, someone tried to say it was july 1st it starts, but if you call sprint or asurion itll be 100 for sure, but not online...ill take it lol

and they sent notice... you shouldve gotten a great big book(i know alot of us did, there were links even where you could read and view it) with every phone and the new dedutable and the guidines that state once you pay your phone bill for the month the higher deduct goes into effect, your acknowledging the new deductable fee..

so why are they charging 100 already if you CALL, its strange if u ask me.. i tossed my book too, mine came months ago.. someone needsto look and check, then people who got charged the hundred need to go back and demand a 50 dollar credit back
Old 06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

My condolences... As said above, even if you get it to work, you have triggered further, irreparable damage down the road.

Shell out the 100 (or possibly $50?) for the deductible and rest with a clear mind =]

It probably would be a good idea to have a designated area to place you phone whenever it's not in your pocket.

For me, since I get out of my pants quite often (not what you think...), I always place it to the left of my keyboard. Always.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro