PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone Drop there TP in Water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
so this one isn't tripped?
Wesscoggin is correct. You are not tripped, it would be completely red if it were.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff

I know this is gonna sound weird. But if you decide to keep for what ever reason. Let it sit in a sealed bag of rice for a couple of days. My wife decided to put hers in the washer as well. At first it didn't even want to turn on. After a couple of days in the rice worked like normal. No problems. If anyone out there is wondering why this works. Think back the when you last ate at a chinese food restaurant. Rice in the salt shaker. It acts as a moisture absorber like the silica that comes with new electronics.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
I know this is gonna sound weird. But if you decide to keep for what ever reason. Let it sit in a sealed bag of rice for a couple of days. My wife decided to put hers in the washer as well. At first it didn't even want to turn on. After a couple of days in the rice worked like normal. No problems. If anyone out there is wondering why this works. Think back the when you last ate at a chinese food restaurant. Rice in the salt shaker. It acts as a moisture absorber like the silica that comes with new electronics.
my grandpa used to put crackers in the sugar
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff

Same concept.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

had a customer come in with a Mogul, something wrong with the screen, checked it out LD marker had been tripped, customer told me it had been wet but that it was like three months ago, so i asked how they handled it. was told customer put some cat litter in a bag with the phone and it came back on and worked perfect up until customer came in.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-19-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

CheezWiz is becoming a great contributor

The sticker on my phone appears to be tripped on the top 1/2. It was that way when I first opened the box. I think these things are not so reliable... The battery one looks perfect...
Running: Latest Stock VZW ROM for the working Voice Command (PagePool@8MB)
What I would be running if VC worked: MightyROM 4/R3BORN 06/01/09
Radio: Latest VZW Stock (Will likely switch to 1.07.06F)
Locker: Pocket Shield
Want an easy and free way to share files privately on any OS?
https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTEwOTAwMDI5
^^^use my link for an extra 250MB's of space!
Old 06-19-2009, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro and sprint touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

emanuelrv is a n00b

one week ago my touch visit the water they work again but i have use asurion pay 120 expres shipping.and have brand new phone in box with acesory only send back phone i keep baterry pen and the cover but i have this beacuse i cant send the id check if you cant send the fax with the id call asurion speak wtih supervisor and explain and have to be roft because want send that **** in email
Old 06-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

I dropped a glass of water on mine, it did not recover.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:02 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

My freind at work has an Alltel TP.
The other day it was pouring out and he had to run next door to his parents house, while he was running over there his phone fell off his pants.
He stayed over there for bout 10 minutes, on his way back he seen something lit up in a little stream of running water, it was his phone completly submerged!
I told him he might as well call in a claim cause it was screwed.
Thats been 3 weeks ago and its still fine!
Its a little rough to slide cause of all the grit that got shoved into it while laying there but other than that its fine!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-19-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

RobsOnLine is a n00b

Last year my wife dropped her Samsung i730 in a glass of sweet tea. I cleaned it up the best I could, and placed it in a Tupperware bowl full of rice. I waited about three days, and then put the battery back in. It booted right up. The keys were a little sticky from the tea, but she used it like that until I gave her my xv6800. I tried the same thing with my daughter's Motorola Razr, but it was a goner.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro