PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles
Exclamation 2 phones on 1 line

Now, I know there are certain topics that are banned from this site, so if the topic I'm about to ask about lands in that category, please forgive me, contact me, and the second I see it, I'll remove this post.

I physically own both, the Touch Pro, and the Touch. I would love to have both my phones activated on the same line, with the same number. Reason being, I absolutely love my pro, it's like a Ferrari. Love it. But, where I live, I have to be outside to get any kind of reception, and even then, I drop calls. Regardless of the radio software I have on my phone (currently running Psyki 3.0 with Telus radio) My Vogue on the other hand, is ALOT more reliable when it comes to reception, and call quality, where I live. My Vogue is my Maxima. Not much to look at, but reliably gets the job done.

Is it possible to get them both with service, sharing the same plan, and same number?

I've called CS, and they said each phone has to have it's own number.

My knowledge base of anything retaining to hacking/programming of phones, is VERY limited, so if I've stumbled onto a topic that is considered taboo on this site, please take that into consideration.

I love this site, been a member since I got my first Vogue, and loved it ever since.
Fresh 1.1 Rom
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: 2 phones on 1 line

yes what you ask is illegal, it is know as esn cloning.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

aye, this is illegal to do, even to your own phones. I'm pretty sure Sprint will catch on pretty easy as well.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

the4head is just getting started

When Google Voice opens, you can use that number to forward calls and SMS to both phones.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
yes is illegal, indeed my friend used to do that back in the days (10 years ago) in texas and was being watch by the FBI, then he move down to florida and got caught here and went to jail for that... and a big bond

so think b4 you do something you'll regret
Was your friend doing anything more illegal than just cloning ESNs for his own phones? Seems like a pretty harsh punishment for hacking.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Was your friend doing anything more illegal than just cloning ESNs for his own phones?
You know he ways, if all he did was an ESN clone for his own personal use he never would have gotten caught (or been under FBI surveillance)

~John
Old 06-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

As a somewhat painful alternative that's perfectly legal, you can just ESN swap the phones depending on which one you want to use at a given time. Best practice is to actually turn off the phone (or at least the data connection if you use Exchange OTA) for a few minutes, do the ESN swap, then turn the activated phone on. Do that twice a day for a year and you'll be really sick of it, but at least it'll work and no one will hassle you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

sure it can be done... read the metropcs flashing posts... everyones right though, all your doing is cloning,and its very very illegal... but itll work and your carrier wont catch on im guessin saying most of the Metro users on here cloned their own esn to get their smartphone to work on Metro, like i said, read the posts about flashing to Metro, its the same thing...

good luck, be CAREFUL, and enjoy....
Old 06-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Commiting a federal crime and a felony on top of that for personal use and convenience is TOTALLY stupid and so not worth the risk. If anyone does this they are asking for it.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

okay. You were told that this activity was illegal. Illegal activity is not discussed on this forum. You then said if you found out it waas illegal you would take down the post. How come you havent?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro