PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   2 phones on 1 line (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72081)

Harveystyles 06-18-2009 03:18 PM

2 phones on 1 line

Now, I know there are certain topics that are banned from this site, so if the topic I'm about to ask about lands in that category, please forgive me, contact me, and the second I see it, I'll remove this post.

I physically own both, the Touch Pro, and the Touch. I would love to have both my phones activated on the same line, with the same number. Reason being, I absolutely love my pro, it's like a Ferrari. Love it. But, where I live, I have to be outside to get any kind of reception, and even then, I drop calls. Regardless of the radio software I have on my phone (currently running Psyki 3.0 with Telus radio) My Vogue on the other hand, is ALOT more reliable when it comes to reception, and call quality, where I live. My Vogue is my Maxima. Not much to look at, but reliably gets the job done.

Is it possible to get them both with service, sharing the same plan, and same number?

I've called CS, and they said each phone has to have it's own number.

My knowledge base of anything retaining to hacking/programming of phones, is VERY limited, so if I've stumbled onto a topic that is considered taboo on this site, please take that into consideration.

I love this site, been a member since I got my first Vogue, and loved it ever since.

elmerfudpucker 06-18-2009 03:20 PM

Re: 2 phones on 1 line

yes what you ask is illegal, it is know as esn cloning.

Darkjedi 06-18-2009 03:27 PM

aye, this is illegal to do, even to your own phones. I'm pretty sure Sprint will catch on pretty easy as well.

the4head 06-18-2009 03:30 PM

When Google Voice opens, you can use that number to forward calls and SMS to both phones.

Darkjedi 06-18-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafyrod (Post 982947)
yes is illegal, indeed my friend used to do that back in the days (10 years ago) in texas and was being watch by the FBI, then he move down to florida and got caught here and went to jail for that... and a big bond

so think b4 you do something you'll regret

Was your friend doing anything more illegal than just cloning ESNs for his own phones? Seems like a pretty harsh punishment for hacking.

jmorton10 06-18-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 983052)
Was your friend doing anything more illegal than just cloning ESNs for his own phones?

You know he ways, if all he did was an ESN clone for his own personal use he never would have gotten caught (or been under FBI surveillance)

~John

haus 06-18-2009 06:18 PM

As a somewhat painful alternative that's perfectly legal, you can just ESN swap the phones depending on which one you want to use at a given time. Best practice is to actually turn off the phone (or at least the data connection if you use Exchange OTA) for a few minutes, do the ESN swap, then turn the activated phone on. Do that twice a day for a year and you'll be really sick of it, but at least it'll work and no one will hassle you. :)

boredandtattooed 06-18-2009 06:43 PM

sure it can be done... read the metropcs flashing posts... everyones right though, all your doing is cloning,and its very very illegal... but itll work and your carrier wont catch on im guessin saying most of the Metro users on here cloned their own esn to get their smartphone to work on Metro, like i said, read the posts about flashing to Metro, its the same thing...

good luck, be CAREFUL, and enjoy....

tx_dbs_tx 06-20-2009 08:07 AM

Commiting a federal crime and a felony on top of that for personal use and convenience is TOTALLY stupid and so not worth the risk. If anyone does this they are asking for it.

jmy72 06-20-2009 08:59 AM

okay. You were told that this activity was illegal. Illegal activity is not discussed on this forum. You then said if you found out it waas illegal you would take down the post. How come you havent?