PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
Re: 2 phones on 1 line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveystyles View Post
and I don't really have time to sit at the computer everyday, and wonder why people don't post instant replies. Tho, I must say, if I had the time, I probably would.
nah dude, Just was havin a man period day. LOL hope i didnt break any toes, I know my steel toes are heavy.

On a side note, u do know u can check the forums on yer TP, right? Thats what I do, including right now. To hades with my boss.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman002 View Post

So does anybody know of a pay as you go phone that can sit for a year or more and still work? Because that would solve my concerns. Unfortunatley I dont know of any that work like that.
trac phone has a card you can buy that will keep the account alive indefinietly i believe, for sure a one yr one, and they have a cheap 10 dollar phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman002 View Post
You know, I had actually been made to understand that an old cell phone could NOT dial 911. Back in the day (Startack days that is) everybody I knew believed that any old cell phone could dial 911. A couple years ago I heard that it was in fact not true that an old phone could do that.
Of course, 5 minutes of internet reasearch showed that I was incorrect and old phones could dial 911. In fact, many old phones are donated to agencies that help battered women, they had the phones out so the women can dial 911 if the need arises.

Guess I need to take those old phones away from my 3yr old now.

Now it makes me wonder how long a fully charged turned off cell phone will last? 6mo before the battery dies, 12, 18?

Thanks
you couldve just dialed 911, phones go into emergency mode when u dial 911 and theres a specific ring u hear, that wouldve gave u your answer faster than a web search... a "fully charged turned off cell phone" would last forever, why would it lose power, its not like were talking out in the woods or somethin lol
Old 06-22-2009, 02:15 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

1st, don't ever test call 911 and hang up. it's a sure way to meet your local on duty officer. if you must test it, wait for an answer and explain you are testing.

also current batteries don't last forever, they have a half-life.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:23 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i have an a940 and a vm4500 those phones are 4yrs old or older now, they still power up anytime i want an old number out of em...and i dont even have chargers for em anymore... thats what im basing my assumption on, sorry i gotta stick with the proof

for what hes gonna wanna use it for, 30seconds of battery life in an emergency, a phone will last 2 yrs easy and still power up and get a call out even if batteries do start to go
Old 06-22-2009, 05:47 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah, i've got a 4500, 8100, and a few other sanyos (i see a lot of touch pro users are former sanyo users), and they all power up years after being last charged. now, i wouldn't recommend relying on this as a main form of emergancy calling, but... these phones will power on.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

yea, I found a 4 year old (at least) startac sitting here a few weeks ago & handed it to my 8 year old daughter to play with.

A couple minutes later, I was surprised to hear it do the startup jingle. I took the phone & looked at it & the battery was about 1/2 full.

~John
Old 06-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234
Wink Re: 2 phones on 1 line

Dont know the specifics of legality , cant say I really care on this particular issue some things are not worth persuing an individual over especially in the case of an outdated law.... anyway goto www.mobilefiles.com and search there .They figured it out specifically on the touch.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Somebody always ends up bringing up this topic and getting crapped on for it. I don't think people need to be so up tight and post things like "I don't think federal prison time is worth it...". It's a legit question, for a legit concern.

Look at an ESN the same way you look at a license plate on a vehicle. Whatever you can't do with a plate, you can't do with a phones ESN. It would be like putting another cars license plate on an unregistered motor vehicle. Same exact concept...

To everyone who gets uptight over topics like this I offer you one quote

"Learn the rules, so that you know how to break them properly."
-The Dalai Lama...
Old 06-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
1st, don't ever test call 911 and hang up. it's a sure way to meet your local on duty officer. if you must test it, wait for an answer and explain you are testing.

also current batteries don't last forever, they have a half-life.

Unless it does not have a GPS chip in it. I read a story about a little toddler who always played with one of her parents old cell phones ... she dialed 911 over 1500 times in one month ... why ... because it is the only number that worked on the phone and she wanted to talk to somebody. They finally got her to put her parents on the phone and find out where she lived because the phone couldn't be tracked.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Ok...I'm gonna shut this bad boy down:

ESN cloning is illegal and hence we don't talk about it in these parts.

Thanks for your understanding.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro