PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

monkey3ddd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie to all this

Please bear with me here, done some reading and would like some further guidance.

Getting a touch pro next week and was interested in flashing the rom to something I might find here. My question is what are the big differences in the roms people create? how do I determine what is right for me?

thanks in advance.
J
Old 06-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Newbie to all this

after you unlock the Tp download a few rom here see what one you like better i mean there is all kinds of builds tweaks etc that each cook adds to there kitchens

try a few 6.1 build

try a few 6.5 build see what works best for you
Old 06-19-2009, 10:51 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You have to try them to see which one is the best for you. There are multiple roms out there. Mighty Mike has a decent TP ROM. Using it on my TP. Pretty fast and stable

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3799320
go there.
That's the best hands down.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

An excellent 6.5 ROM is Merdin's latest, this is hands down the best ROM I have tried to date (& I've tried a TON of them)

~John
Old 06-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Roms are funny things, kind of like food. You got to try them to see what works for you, WARNING, FLASHING MULTIPLE ROMS CAN BE ADDICTIVE!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

monkey3ddd is a n00b

thanks to a replies, will check them out next week..
Old 06-19-2009, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acousticsoulfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to acousticsoulfish Send a message via MSN to acousticsoulfish Send a message via Yahoo to acousticsoulfish

a much awaited collaboration between two premier chefs, mightymike& silence is being released on monday the 22nd. u should start there. if you need any help flashing, hit me up on here or through my aim.

press thanks if my post helped u...
Your best friend becomes your worst enemy. Lollipops turn into cigarettes. Pepsi becomes vodka. Kisses turn into sex. Remember when getting high meant swinging on the playground? When protection meant wearing kneepads and a helmet? When dad’s shoulders were the highest place on earth, & mom was your hero? Your worst enemy was your siblings. Race issues were about who ran the fastest. War was only a card game. Its amazing how we couldn’t wait to grow up.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE COZ BOOGIE MILITIA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3799320
go there.
That's the best hands down.

For you it could be for others it's not

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro