PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 11:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (XV6850)
Carrier: Verizon

phillipdhall is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Rom for verison TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
... i don't exceed 60% of my ram, if i was missing some, i probably wouldn't even notice.
I'm guessing you're not using TF3D then? I like it too much to give it up, but can occasionally have memory shortages when doing heavy browsing in Opera.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work

im using ssks kitchen the newest 6.5 and am having great luck! im using tf3d and boot with just over 60% used... runs great and no issues... i did however switch to the stock dialer to free up abouut 10mb but im not missing the custom dialer that much...

definitely check it out!

Corey
Old 06-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff
Talking Re: Best Rom for verison TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyoli View Post
im using ssks kitchen the newest 6.5 and am having great luck! im using tf3d and boot with just over 60% used... runs great and no issues... i did however switch to the stock dialer to free up abouut 10mb but im not missing the custom dialer that much...

definitely check it out!

Corey
I am in total agreement with you. I have the SSK 2.1.1 with WM6.5 and it is sweet. Thanks to all for your help.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Quie is a n00b

I had run Mighty's rom on my phone and liked everything about it but the battery life still wasn't that good for me. I have the Telus radio installed also. I switched to SSK's new rom for 6.1 and I love it and how it runs. You can tell when it switches off the data connection for you because the data arrows turn grey when not in use and I think this was the biggest battery drain when I was using Mighty's rom. They are both great roms, it's just that SSK's works the best for me.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

I run SSK 2.0 kitchen and its amazing the difference between stock rom. i cooked it with black manilla and put xbmods manilla hd beta theme over it and it works great (i tried to cook it in but for some reason it wouldn't work when i slide out the keyboard so this was my other option to get touchflo in landscape)

When i boot i've gotten as low as 59% usuage, but usually its 62%. also CleanRam helps alot to keep the usuage low without having to manually clean up your phone (comes with the rom/can be cooked into the kitchen)

FYI I have also heard that lllboredlll's rom works well with the vzw touch pro too, but i have not used it personally

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro