PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 08:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TouchProPro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MightyMike 5 signal bars fluctuating

I just flashed my Sprint touch pro with MightyMike 5 and it is pretty stable except for some random lost data connections while using IE or Opera indoors. I notice that I have 1 or 0 bars in my house but still get some internet connectivity and calls are as reliable as the standard 6.1 ROM.

What's odd is that when I call somebody or launch an application that requires data connection, the bars flash to 3 or 4 and then disappear completely. This leads me to be suspicious of the true signal strength. When I walk outside I should get at least 3 bars. It remains at 0 or 1 bar when I stand outside for 5 minutes. I know that's not right.

This is my first use of a 6.5 ROM so this may not even be a MightyMike5 problem.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: MightyMike 5 signal bars fluctuating

that sounds like its just your service not the rom try flashing a new radio http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616
Old 06-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TouchProPro is a n00b

Thanks for the link. I flashed to 1.11.00F. It appears to be the same experience. The post said the RUUs did not require a hard reset. I couldn't tell if he meant for all of them or not so I did NOT do a hard reset. I'd like to avoid it.

Thanks again.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

did you install different set of taskbars? i had the same experoence with Mighty Rom, but thats because i install a different set of taskbars.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TouchProPro is a n00b

I did not install any task bars. The only two things I installed was one theme and the live search application. I have activesync running to synch my work email. I did a hard reset last night because I never did it after the initial install.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

u have no special icons on your taskber right. they are the ones the were built into the rom? they should be just plain black and white. no color at all.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Not sure how you were set-up before, but something else to keep in mind is that going from Stock to MR5, you're going from 7 skinny signal bars to 5 fat ones.

This may look a bit misleading. I notice sometimes I have a similar issue with MR5 and the signal bar jumping about a bit, but I've ALWAYS had reception where I should (meaning not in an elevator) so I stopped worrying about it!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TouchProPro is a n00b

If i change back to the default Mighty DVF theme, all defaults (Start, EV, dataconnection arrows, speaker volume, battery,programs list drop down) are displayed. The text is white with black background.

I just clicked the power button to activate the screen and saw 3 bars flash and then go to zero bars and then finally to 1 bar.

I tried another experiment. I walked outside about 30 feet from the house to minimize any interference. Still 1 bar. I call my voicemail and the antenna icon changes to the phone icon. Immediately, the signal icon goes to 4 bars. During my 1 minute call, it changes between 2 and 4 but never goes to 1 or 0. Within 10 seconds after hanging up, it goes back to 0 or 1 bar while outside.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

this is the same problems i was having. it has something to do with installing certain taskbars. the reason i ask about the stock taskbars (black and white) is because they work fine up until you install a theme or theme with taskbars. i would suggest searching for "taksbars" and install a 6.5 version.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TouchProPro is a n00b

Just so I'm clear on your recommendation, are you saying that the themes that MightyMike put on the ROM is custom and I should look for a stock 6.5 theme? Thanks for the quick replies.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro