PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ringtone help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72030)

Shogun122 06-18-2009 03:07 AM

ringtone help

I'll stary by saying, yes, I know there is a "ringtone" section elsewhere, but posting here in TP land so that I can get a useful answer hopefully...

Yes, it is a noob question, but here goes...

Using MR5 on a cdma sprint TP, and want to keep all my ringtones/alarm/notification mp3's (not just the ones currently selected in "sounds and notifications") on my 16gb expansion card. I currently have them on my storage card under /My Documents/My Ringtones. None of them show up, and I can't 'browse' to the location of them.

Is this possible? Or how do you guys do it?

Thank you in advance for any tips

razorloves 06-18-2009 03:22 AM

Re: ringtone help

i don't think that's possible. you have to put them on the device storage. Ringtones in the same folder you mentioned or just the My Documents folder, and notifications in the Windows folder or My Documents

p-slim 06-18-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun122 (Post 982021)
I'll stary by saying, yes, I know there is a "ringtone" section elsewhere, but posting here in TP land so that I can get a useful answer hopefully...

Yes, it is a noob question, but here goes...

Using MR5 on a cdma sprint TP, and want to keep all my ringtones/alarm/notification mp3's (not just the ones currently selected in "sounds and notifications") on my 16gb expansion card. I currently have them on my storage card under /My Documents/My Ringtones. None of them show up, and I can't 'browse' to the location of them.

Is this possible? Or how do you guys do it?

Thank you in advance for any tips

IF you go to file explorer, windows, rings, then all of your ringtones should be in there, then you can copy them wherever you want. not to sure about the alarm settings but shouldn't be too far from there.

madcook 06-18-2009 03:32 AM

i dunn but in the past it has worked leaving on my storage if that doesnt work use mp3 trimmer to set your ring tone that has worked too

razorloves 06-18-2009 04:05 AM

oh yea...i left out the Windows/Rings folder that p-slim mentioned above.

basilray 06-18-2009 09:55 AM

You can usually keep ringtones on your SD card. But when you do so, you will get a higher amount of Ring Lag because it has to access the SD card and load the ringer.

This will be especially true if you are not trimming your ringers down, and just using whole MP3's. If you're running WinMo 6.5, I wouldn't even think about running ringers from your SD card.

Also, if you are hooked to your PC for Disk Drive mode, the SD card will not be functional at the phone level, so you will just get a single beep instead of a ringer. It SHOULD work in Active Sync mode. Not sure about internet sharing mode.