PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Got a Refubred TP and need help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72021)

imtjnotu 06-17-2009 11:06 PM

Got a Refubred TP and need help

well guys im on my 4th TP due to alot of manufacturer defects and this time it seems like im in another sinking boat.....

well the other day i went to the sprint store so they could replace the broken one i had (the screen class was coming out and the touchscreen seemed to never respond unless u pressed some what hard

well they gave me a new TP no problem but the PHone this time was a Refurbished one and now im having a serious problem with this one....when u Charge it or plug it in for active sync the thing gets Considerably hot...hotter then any of my other TP that were charging or even had a data connection....

now when i use evdo the thing getts super hot and the phone isnt even a week old.....i cant even charge it no more because im afraid of runing the phone even more or lighting something on fire.....

is this a known defect?

Dr.8820 06-17-2009 11:10 PM

Re: Got a Refubred TP and need help

is this a verizon tp? sprints gets hot but i can't really tell which one you have.

imtjnotu 06-17-2009 11:12 PM

sprint haha i thought i said it somewhere in ther my bad

darren.wlsn1 06-17-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imtjnotu (Post 981697)
sprint haha i thought i said it somewhere in ther my bad

taking the back cover off helps a ton. i also use hard kb to release a lot of heat. i just got a new not refurb today and it has nowhere near the heat my old tp has. change your phone info. also please.

Dr.8820 06-17-2009 11:23 PM

you might wanna update your profile lol! you still have a verizon 6700! but the sprint refurbs and new ones both do this. before you get bashed for your thread, i say keep it, use the heck out of it, when it overheats or breaks down, get another one. that's pretty much all you can do without going thru asurion.

imtjnotu 06-17-2009 11:27 PM

hahaha my bad i havent had a Touch since december haha ill update it......i have yet to go threw the insurance but i also have never had one TP get this hot ever....

banzaiwolfe 06-17-2009 11:30 PM

Changing to the Telus radio seemed to help a lot with the heat on mine. I still have my original one with an October 08 manufacture date, I believe.

Dr.8820 06-17-2009 11:30 PM

just tell them it gets so hot, it only half-charges. but you'll only get another refurb unless you really kick and scream.

imtjnotu 06-17-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe (Post 981724)
Changing to the Telus radio seemed to help a lot with the heat on mine. I still have my original one with an October 08 manufacture date, I believe.

i am on the telus radio:(

darren.wlsn1 06-17-2009 11:34 PM

back cover, im tellin ya it works.