PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
ON2 VP6 .flv wont play video

i downloaded some flv files and when i try to open them tcpmp hangs and core player gives me an error saying this video codec is not supported by the player.

does anyone know how to play these newer videos? i downloaded them using the latest wvd (1.4).

Old 06-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: ON2 VP6 .flv wont play video

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
i downloaded some flv files and when i try to open them tcpmp hangs and core player gives me an error saying this video codec is not supported by the player.

does anyone know how to play these newer videos? i downloaded them using the latest wvd (1.4).
To my knowledge there is NO player capable of playing those files well. Tecnology claims his TCPMP player can play them, But I have had very minimal sucess getting those to play better than 1 frame in 5 seconds, using W.V.D.
Good luck!!! If there is a way I woukd love to know also!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:01 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Coreplayer plays them very well!!
Since I started using CP its all I ever use for anything.
Even mp3s, The playlists are super easy to build and save

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn;[COLOR=black
982368[/color]]Coreplayer plays them very well!!
Since I started using CP its all I ever use for anything.
Even mp3s, The playlists are super easy to build and save
You may be confused. Coreplayer does not support ON2 VP6 codec. Are you talking about TCPMP? Coreplayer supports the lower resolution files, but not ON2 VP6.
Directly from their site:
Does CorePlayer support the On2 VP6 codec?
Solution
At this time CorePlayer does no support the On2 VP6 Codec.
Format Support

Audio: MP3, MP2, AAC, MKA, WMA, Midi*, WAV, OGG, Speex, WAVPACK, TTA, FLAC, MPC, AMR, ADPCM, ALaw, MuLaw, G.729
Video: H.264 (AVC), MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-4 part 2 (ASP), DivX, XviD, WMV*, Theora*, Dirac*, MJPEG, MSVIDEO1
Images: JPEG (420, 422, 440, EXIF Headers)*, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF, MJPEG
Containers: Matroska, AVI, PS, M2TS, TS, 3GPP, MOV, MPEG-4, OGM, NSV*
Streaming: HTTP, UDP, RDP, RTP. RTSP, RTCP, ASX, ASF, Unicast, Multicast

18 Jun 2009 Support Center » Knowledgebase » Does CorePlayer support the On2 VP6 codec?

http://support.corecodec.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=81

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 06-18-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:18 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Ok, maybe I was mistaken. But I know I can download a flv file off youtube with toutube downloader, then open coreplayer and browse to the file and it plays it and looks really good??
So whats the difference? im confused?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Ok, maybe I was mistaken. But I know I can download a flv file off youtube with toutube downloader, then open coreplayer and browse to the file and it plays it and looks really good??
So whats the difference? im confused?
TrueMotion VP6 is a video codec developed by On2 Technologies as a successor to earlier efforts such as VP3 and VP5. The VP6 codec has been used in products for broadcasting in the field, such as with BBC reporters and QuickLink software. This codec is used by Adobe Flash and Flash Video files.
In November 2003, On2 announced that VP6 had been chosen as a codec for China's Enhanced Versatile Disc (EVD), a competitor format to DVD. Beijing-based company E-World was to be the exclusive reseller of the EVD VP6 technology in China, with On2 Technologies earning royalty payments of about $2 USD per player. Then in April 2004 On2 announced that negotiations with E-World had broken down and that On2 would file multiple breach of contract claims against E-World in arbitration proceedings. In March 2005, On2 announced that the arbitrator had dismissed all of On2's claims and had decided that E-World owed nothing to On2. Although E-World included VP6 to its EVD standardization proposal to the Chinese government, it is not clear what, if any, action was then taken by the government. The EVD format initiative appears to be indefinitely stalled.
In January 2005, On2 announced a new VP7 codec with better compression capabilities than VP6.
In August 2005, Macromedia announced they had selected VP6 as the flagship new codec for video playback in the new Flash Player 8.
As of September 2006, an open-source implementation of the decoder is part of the libavcodec project, though producing or dealing with VP6 video streams inside libavcodec/libavformat seems to be discouraged and/or refused due to clashes between the ffmpeg's developers and On2 technologies by a claim of Intellectual Property and Trade Secrets Infringement made by the corporation itself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:30 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

WOAH! Hypno, I think your gettin in a little over my head there.
I just thought he needed a player that would play FLV files??
so is on2 vp6 a type of FLV file? and the ones Im playin with Coreplayer are a different type or what?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Yes, different codec, but still a type of .FLV.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

If you were to try to play the high quality video option in W.V.D, it uses the ON2 vp6 for those adult sites.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:50 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Cool, Thanks for the schoolin!
But I stand by my statement that CorePlayer is awesome, The best mediaplayer in my opinion.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro