PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 02:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kamran5461 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to kamran5461
a general unlocker question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
[SIZE=+2]
NOTE 4: do not use this RUU to flash anything else! this is only intended for flashing the Hard-SPL.

Hi. Another noob here.
i want to flash to mightymike/silence's rom (june 21) and i am in the process of unlocking my tp(raph800). I am using ur tutorial (Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team) for unlocking my device. i have the hspl.037 that i think i should be using but then i don't get ur 4th note up there... i just wanna make sure that if i unlock my device using that hspl there, can i safely use any rom that is approved for my cdma device/?

please help!

edit: one more question. i have build 19965.1.2.3 on my stock rom and i wanna download a backup stock rom just in case. which one is the right version to download from your site?
Old 06-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: a general unlocker question

Any Rom That is for a CDMA device will work... Not sure about the backup rom.. I'd just download the latest build you can find.
Basically i think Note 4 is saying don't stick a Rom file in there and expect that RUU to be able to flash the rom to your device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

o ok. i see what u mean. thanks man.
i unzipped the rom file and there is ruu file in there so thats the one i will be using.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i just unlocked my phone. thanx to ppcgeeks. and i am on my way to installing mightymike/silence june 21 rom for cdma tp. and i am following the tutorial (General - How To Flash Your Touch Pro)
step 3 says: "then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU) "
just wanna make sure i get this step right... in the might/silence rom folder there are multiple files including the aforementioned RUU_Signed.nbh
...so i just copy that file and paste it into the RUU folder? leave the rest of the files untouched?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamran5461 View Post
i just unlocked my phone. thanx to ppcgeeks. and i am on my way to installing mightymike/silence june 21 rom for cdma tp. and i am following the tutorial (General - How To Flash Your Touch Pro)
step 3 says: "then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU) "
just wanna make sure i get this step right... in the might/silence rom folder there are multiple files including the aforementioned RUU_Signed.nbh
...so i just copy that file and paste it into the RUU folder? leave the rest of the files untouched?
Just extract the Silence Mighty June 21.rar to a a folder, navigate to the folder, run the Custom_RUU.exe that is inside. Of course, this is assuming that you have already unlocked your device.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamran5461 View Post
with mighty/silence rom you do not need the other folders and files. everything is included. from a fresh download extract the files (4 unhidden 6 hidden) and click romUpdateUtility and let it work its magic. enjoy

**EDIT** got beaten to it
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:40 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ty ty

Quote:
with mighty/silence rom you do not need the other folders and files. everything is included. from a fresh download extract the files (4 unhidden 6 hidden) and click romUpdateUtility and let it work its magic. enjoy
so thats what ruu stands for... now i see. learning already.
thanks again guys

Last edited by kamran5461; 06-22-2009 at 12:42 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro