PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   MightyRom 5 on Sprint TP contact display issues! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71981)

Mossburge 06-17-2009 05:15 PM

MightyRom 5 on Sprint TP contact display issues!

hey, I just recently upgraded Rom on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro to the mightyrom5 and the madscientist theme. Both work exceptionally great except minor issues. Backed up all my info with sprite backup software and everything imported just fine (contacts, emails, etc.). PROBLEM: When contacts call they dont show up on display...only phone number shows, but the contact is in the contact list. Other isssue is that the battery life on the status line only shows full at all times (when in power display mode it shows accurate). Need help to fix problems. Any suggestions?

basilray 06-17-2009 05:21 PM

Re: MightyRom 5 on Sprint TP contact display issues!

1. Did you hard reset after you flashed?
2. Did you restore anything more than contacts? When you use stuff like Sprite or SPB and run a restore, you need to be sure you are only restoring contacts and e-mails and NOT system files because this will hose you.

Also, there may be an issue with the caller ID lock. Being that I am on a Sprint TP and have not had this issue, I would suggest you hard reset and restore JUST contacts...and then see how it works for you.

Another simple solution going forward would be to use Microsoft MyPhone as that will only store contact info and e-mails...no system files. After you flash you can pull them OTA (over-the-air) and drop them back on your phone.

Mossburge 06-17-2009 06:01 PM

yes...hard reset after flashed....yeah...i re-installed everything (system files too) with sprite. Will do...what about being able to restore programs....what do you suggest on that?

basilray 06-17-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossburge (Post 981119)
yes...hard reset after flashed....yeah...i re-installed everything (system files too) with sprite. Will do...what about being able to restore programs....what do you suggest on that?

Not sure. I've heard of an app called UC, one called Sashimi, and something called a Mortscript. I just started flashing myself, so I haven't had the opportunity to get into that yet. I imagine it's a big need if you want to flash a lot.

To be honest, I am so happy w/ MR5 I haven't seen a lot of need to try anything else.

Dragon2 06-17-2009 10:26 PM

this happened to me once, i made a copy of the pim file in file explorer/device. at the bottom theres a pim file... copy it and plaace it on storage card. now rename the pim in device to pimtemp, now place the copy ya made back to the device (now ya have a pim and a pimtemp) now soft reset and see what happens, that worked for me....also delete the pimtemp when done...

Mossburge 06-18-2009 12:10 AM

Thanks yall for the feed....big up to you basilray...your first suggestion worked!!! Stuff back to normal....just had to download all programs again...no biggy though...