PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video Out and Toyota Prius

The Toyota Prius has a touch screen on the dashboard that is used for navigation, rear camera, controls, etc. An aftermarket kit is available that provides composite video and audio connections. Has anyone used this kit or otherwise been able to display video/audio from the Touch Pro on the Prius screen.? Is the touch screen available for uses like internet browsing?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Telus

dyl4n is becoming a great contributor
Re: Video Out and Toyota Prius

You can most likely get video out from the TP but as for connecting the touch screen and have it control the TP you would probably have to write your own drivers so that the touch screen works as a HID device. Not impossible but improbable that someone would create the software.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

touch screen isnt gonna work. video is easy though. just plug in and the phone should take over. that is once you have the aux input kit for the deck hooked up.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

I thank you for the responses and I appreciate this is a narrow subject, but has anyone actually tried one of the aftermarket kits and/or or brought video/audio out connections from the Prius screen. If so, how do you like the results?
Old 05-31-2009, 08:34 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I would suggest looking at prius forums,, thier as geeky as us (unless they have an iphone)
Old 06-02-2009, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it would be video in not out for the prius. i know someone on here did this with there car but i dont remember who or how long ago. i do know it was a vzn TP but thats all i remember.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO
Carrier: Verizon

mrspeedmaster is a n00b

You can do it with a GVIF adaptor. I know, I researched this and did this to my Range Rover (which uses the same LCD/Nav screen). When I searched for GVIF adaptors, some Prius guy used the same adaptor that I have in my truck.
See my signature and post on HTC Touch Pro Carputer or youtube search "HTC Touch Pro Carputer Range Rover"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
The Toyota Prius has a touch screen on the dashboard that is used for navigation, rear camera, controls, etc. An aftermarket kit is available that provides composite video and audio connections. Has anyone used this kit or otherwise been able to display video/audio from the Touch Pro on the Prius screen.? Is the touch screen available for uses like internet browsing?
Old 06-17-2009, 04:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO
Carrier: Verizon

mrspeedmaster is a n00b

Found the Prius GVIF adaptor. This guy has the same one I have:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-p...deo-input.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro