PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone ever been charged by sprint when using WMWifiRouter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
dont do it man not the dark side
I know but i got many options. I just want to try something new and from the time i have used the iphone i liked it.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
Well the full screen thing is debateable because i really don't know his firmware version and we only tested with one video, but i promise you the resolution on the touch pro is far superior. you can google that and it's easy to find. Touch pro 2 is coming out and that screen will be plenty big with a higher resolution than the iphone. i have friends with the iphone and paying 99 cents per song off itunes can get really expensive.. not to mention the cost of all the little apps. It's definately something worth considering.. You are going to lose a lot of flexibility by going to the iphone, but you may gain popularity points with the school kids. :P
It most likely is but i'm not looking for HD on the go. I also have a PSP for movies or my laptop. I was waiting for the touch pro 2 at first. I don't pay for any music. Thats a choice they make. Your not forced to buy music from itunes also a lot of the apps are free. All the ones i use are.

Last edited by Devilstrider; 06-17-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd maybe think about the TP2.. No keyboard gets annoying. Iphone is a quality device, i'm not denying... Just too many annoying things i don't like about it such as Itunes and the app store. True, the new 3gs can be had with up to 32gigs of space, but do you have any idea how much money it would cost to fill that with music at .99 cents a song? lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
I'd maybe think about the TP2.. No keyboard gets annoying. Iphone is a quality device, i'm not denying... Just too many annoying things i don't like about it such as Itunes and the app store. True, the new 3gs can be had with up to 32gigs of space, but do you have any idea how much money it would cost to fill that with music at .99 cents a song? lol.
I hate the no hardware keyboard to but i'm willing to give it a try. Also i have been texting with my ipod touch and its the same as the iphone and i got used to it pretty fast. As for being locked in with AT&T for 2 years... that not a issue and i don't mind. I still got a second line with sprint so i can go back at anytime by just adding a new line. I have a ipod touch 16gig almost filled and not one of the songs came from itunes.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well, I seen on cnn lastnight that the new IPHONE will have tethering and mms, but.....

Neither one of those work now, AT&T said mms "should" work by the end of this summer..... so 2 months from now or longer and the tethering they didn't receive a date for that yet. Good luck with AT&T......... but the full web browser is nice and all the cool games. I love my TP I would never think of going to AT&T for the IPHONE. Personally I would rather get the PRE. Just my 2cents...
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

Yeah when I bought my TP I considered the iphone, but I'm not made of money. I just could not afford it or in any way justify the expense.

Now that I have my TP the major things I really appreciate on the phone I would not have had on the iphone... wmwifirouter, garmin XT, excel.

It has taken me a long time to get my TP to the point of really liking it... but I can't imagine going to the iphone... obviously I've never owned one, so maybe my opinion would change if I had one for a while but all the clever apps in the appstore seem nifty, but not terribly useful for day-to-day real-world stuff (I know what poison ivy looks like, I'm not a bird watcher, I have garmin w google search... etc.).

I know the UI in the iphone and the capcitive touchscreen are top notch... but I'd miss the tools I have on WM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro