PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 05:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

lawsofpower48 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Rev A/EVDO speeds?

im seeing alot of people with the signatures of speedtest.net or something with insane speeds.... im located in san francisco and i get at most 600k/b per sec.... i see people going to like 2mb per sec?! is there some type of speed tweak that actually works??
Old 06-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100
Re: Touch Pro Rev A/EVDO speeds?

Yeah, theres a fix for the internet...one sec, lemme see if I can find it for ya bro....

Ok, here's the .cab for this...I can't remember exactly which post I found it here, and I take no credit for this file whatsoever, it was made by one of our gurus (Thanks a ton)...I know its for the WLAN fix, but, I did notice an increase in my dl speeds with this cab. Just install it and soft reset and enjoy!!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab pocketnowEnableWLANGMode.cab (1.1 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!

Last edited by Big Redneck3100; 06-18-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: ADDED .CAB FILE
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Most of the speeds you see are obtained while tethering the Touch Pro with a laptop. Try tethering your phone and go to Speedtest.net. Your results will probably be higher than doing a speedtest with your phones browser.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:05 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_redneck3100 View Post
Yeah, theres a fix for the internet...one sec, lemme see if I can find it for ya bro....

Ok, here's the .cab for this...I can't remember exactly which post I found it here, and I take no credit for this file whatsoever, it was made by one of our gurus (Thanks a ton)...I know its for the WLAN fix, but, I did notice an increase in my dl speeds with this cab. Just install it and soft reset and enjoy!!!
I think that cabs supposed to help speed up wi-fi speeds but it wont do anything for data speeds.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

My bad, I should have been more clear...you are right, its more for the wi fi, but I did notice an increase in my overall download speeds as well...
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

lawsofpower48 is just getting started

thanks for all your help guys. ive done the wifi cab already and its near the same speeds. i have not tried tethering and going to speed tests yet..ive been doing it through my IE on the phone itself...im just curious on how people are doing speeds that are so much faster then mine..im in san francisco and ive seen people with quicker speeds then mine too...im pretty sure its not the phone because my mogul was the same way...as for service..i have full bars.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:15 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

You might read through these 2 threads to help you with your problems

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=speed+tweaks

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...el+data+speeds

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro