PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

doklo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
one bad problem with the pro

i was sitting in my car with it hooked into my head unit and it froze and i thought no big deal and poped the battery out like i normally do when that happens only to find that it deleted its system and wont flash or relock so i currently do not have a phone.. any help would be good.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: one bad problem with the pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doklo View Post
i was sitting in my car with it hooked into my head unit and it froze and i thought no big deal and poped the battery out like i normally do when that happens only to find that it deleted its system and wont flash or relock so i currently do not have a phone.. any help would be good.
you will need to enter bootloader mode and reflash. to boot into bootloader mode, hold down Vol down + power + reset button all at the same time.

your phone files was probably corrupted. it is recommend that you flash back to shipped/stock rom, then flash back to your custom rom. i really doubted this method at first, but i have seen this work first hand and now a believer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ahhh removing the battery should not wipe the system sounds like it over heated and wiped .. had this happen to my old TP

sadthai

TONE DOWN THE SIG GOOD GOD !!!

read this

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70484
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have had to pull the batt on mine a couple of times and NEVER had this happen.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can easily reflash by going into the bootloader mode, just reset while you're holding the volume up and power button. Then just run the shipped ROM exe from the essentials ROM section and it should go through fine. You can also try hard resetting by pressing the center directional key, volume up, power and the reset pinhole.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doklo is a n00b

here is what it does when plugged into any usb port it will enter bootloader
i tried to flash it with the stock and with the custom a few times only to have them not work and stick at the bootloader screen. it give me the process bar for flashing gets to 100% and reboots only to have the bootloader pop up again saying no image found then tells me to flash.
Now a few hours later it sits here dead unable to even update.

Last edited by doklo; 06-17-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ewww.. That sounds bad. You have insurance on it?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doklo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
Ewww.. That sounds bad. You have insurance on it?
no but even so the relocker will not work either tried it already.....
Edit: I just ran the stock rom exe from ImCoKeMaN's thread and didnt get a good result
Edit2: threw it at the wall because i was pissed and it booted(wtf?) just hope it doesn't fail like that again.

Last edited by doklo; 06-17-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doklo View Post
no but even so the relocker will not work either tried it already.....
Edit: I just ran the stock rom exe from ImCoKeMaN's thread and didnt get a good result
Edit2: threw it at the wall because i was pissed and it booted(wtf?) just hope it doesn't fail like that again.
And they say violence doesn't solve anything.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Uhh I hope you were joking about throwing it at a wall...

But yea. You may have a more serious issue that would require replacing. ROM memory shouldn't be affected when you cut off power unless you were writing something to the critical sectors.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro