PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 03:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Nex-Tech

gweedo767 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backing up PRL Files

I just got a few Touch PRO's with Nex-Tech. The latest PRL for EVDO phones from them is 09127 and they can do an OTA push of the PRL to your phone even on a flashed ROM (I just had them do it and I run MightyROM 4). That being said...I am still in 1X mode for some reason
Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bb2ppc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bb2ppc
Re: Backing up PRL Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Finally! I talked to someone at Nex-tech (my provider), and found out that the only things they had to add to my phone when I did a hard reset is the PRL (Preferred Roaming List). I asked if there was a way I could get a copy of that, but she said that they can only do it at their main office and I would have to take it up there. That being said I am sure someone here knows how I can get around that, either by pulling it off my phone or something (or at least I hope so ). I would really like to do some major tweaking on my phone, just wary of doing so if I have to take it in everytime I hard reset.

Also, apparently Nex-tech does not support MMS messages on smartphones, the lady I talked to said it was due to their ROM. I didn't think to ask, but does a phone company have a ROM that distributes phone calls, SMS, MMS, etc? Or is she talking about the ROM on my phone? (Honestly not real clear what ROM in the case of smartphones and cell companies refers to).

Based on this new information does anyone think I will be able to flash one of the many awesome sounding ROMs on here and somehow update the PRL? With the tech support comment about the ROM, is it likely the ROMS on here will cause other problems? Is there any hope, or am I stuck to manually editing?

Thanks!
Here's a list of all PRL Files I came across from here.

http://www.corolada.com/prl/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro