PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 02:23 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backing up PRL Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Finally! I talked to someone at Nex-tech (my provider), and found out that the only things they had to add to my phone when I did a hard reset is the PRL (Preferred Roaming List). I asked if there was a way I could get a copy of that, but she said that they can only do it at their main office and I would have to take it up there. That being said I am sure someone here knows how I can get around that, either by pulling it off my phone or something (or at least I hope so ). I would really like to do some major tweaking on my phone, just wary of doing so if I have to take it in everytime I hard reset.

Also, apparently Nex-tech does not support MMS messages on smartphones, the lady I talked to said it was due to their ROM. I didn't think to ask, but does a phone company have a ROM that distributes phone calls, SMS, MMS, etc? Or is she talking about the ROM on my phone? (Honestly not real clear what ROM in the case of smartphones and cell companies refers to).

Based on this new information does anyone think I will be able to flash one of the many awesome sounding ROMs on here and somehow update the PRL? With the tech support comment about the ROM, is it likely the ROMS on here will cause other problems? Is there any hope, or am I stuck to manually editing?

Thanks!

and no, Im pretty sure there is no way to get a PRL in a ROM. Ive flashed about 20 roms and never got a new prl.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:24 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
i'm not saying your info was useless. Just saying that's not what he asked for.

then help him out, stop talking to me. Im trying to help him. So, what can we do? can he extract it? or find a similar one online right?

Last edited by Dragon2; 06-17-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Hey ChaosTheory,
I just read that you can extract the prl using a program called QPST. Not sure if you're familiar with it, but here's a link on how to do it. http://natesubra.blogspot.com/2008/0...ul-prl_19.html
Let us know first what your prl version is. Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Hey ChaosTheory,
I just read that you can extract the prl using a program called QPST. Not sure if you're familiar with it, but here's a link on how to do it. http://natesubra.blogspot.com/2008/0...ul-prl_19.html
Let us know first what your prl version is. Hope that helps.
good work razor now remember my post on how to upload it if ya dont know how if his site dont tell ya.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Ok you two, I thank you both for the help, it is all good informtion, so you can be nice to each other .

PRL Version 09127.

Looked up that link and have a couple questions about it that hopefully someone here can answer (Dragon2 already answered how to load the PRL back on lol ) He mentions putting the phone in diag (daignostics?) mode by dialing ##3424#. The page is for a Mogul, does that same code work for the TP or is it a different one? And do I just dial it like I would a phone number? On a side note, the link for the QPST on the link you gave is no longer valid, I was able to find a copy http://www.hacktherazr.com/downloads.html that will hopefully work (haven't tried it yet).

EDIT: Also, what is a MSL?

So, assuming my PRL won't change as Dragon2 indicates, any ROM (for a CDMA phone) should be OK to use then right? And the only time I would need the PRL is if I need to hard reset my phone.

I think I'm actually making progress but by Jebus it be slow lol

Last edited by ChaosTheory; 06-17-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:04 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Ok you two, I thank you both for the help, it is all good informtion, so you can be nice to each other .

PRL Version 09127.

Looked up that link and have a couple questions about it that hopefully someone here can answer (Dragon2 already answered how to load the PRL back on lol ) He mentions putting the phone in diag (daignostics?) mode by dialing ##3424#. The page is for a Mogul, does that same code work for the TP or is it a different one? And do I just dial it like I would a phone number? On a side note, the link for the QPST on the link you gave is no longer valid, I was able to find a copy http://www.hacktherazr.com/downloads.html that will hopefully work (haven't tried it yet).

So, assuming my PRL won't change as Dragon2 indicates, any ROM (for a CDMA phone) should be OK to use then right? And the only time I would need the PRL is if I need to hard reset my phone.

I think I'm actually making progress but by Jebus it be slow lol
Those instructions in the link i gave you work for all htc PPc phones. Yea, you just dial it like you're dialing a number. Here's a link to the newest QPST. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46873.

Correct, just as i said earlier, flashing any of the custom roms on this site will not mess with the prl. It will leave the old one there. Doing a hard reset after you've flashed a custom rom also will not mess with the prl.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Thanks razorloves!

So the hard reset brings up another question. Is there a difference between a hard reset (holding a couple buttons during power up) and using the clear storage icon under Settings>System? I used clear storage, which I belived was the same thing as a hard reset, and that is when I had to take my phone in and they said that they had to reload something at that time, the lady I talked to today said it was probably the PRL. Any thoughts?

I am getting more and more confidence of being able use some of these awesome ROMs, but still don't want to risk it until I know I can restore it to stock condition. If anyone wants to suggest some good ROMs for me to look at while they are here I would appreciate it as well
Old 06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Thanks razorloves!

So the hard reset brings up another question. Is there a difference between a hard reset (holding a couple buttons during power up) and using the clear storage icon under Settings>System? I used clear storage, which I belived was the same thing as a hard reset, and that is when I had to take my phone in and they said that they had to reload something at that time, the lady I talked to today said it was probably the PRL. Any thoughts?

I am getting more and more confidence of being able use some of these awesome ROMs, but still don't want to risk it until I know I can restore it to stock condition. If anyone wants to suggest some good ROMs for me to look at while they are here I would appreciate it as well
The only difference between the 2, that a couple users have posted, is that doing the clear storage resets the epst settings. Which should not cause any problems for you. Strange that she said prl. pretty sure she's wrong about that.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

does nex-tech have OTA programming? meaning, can you dial *228(or similar #) on your phone and it gives you option to activate or update prl?
Old 06-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Not sure, but I don't think so, my phone company is pretty feature lacking i tried dialing both examples and got a "feature code you dialed is not valid" and a quick google search didn't bring up anything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro